Page 1 of 1
More Diverse Planet
Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2026 7:01 am
by JamesHunt
Is there a way to generate a more diverse planet when it comes to climates i.e. snow, desert, jungle, plain areas one one planet? When I generate earth likes in the Oceania section I usually end up with quite homogenous climate planets mild, arid, cold but not much a mix of it.
Thanks
Re: More Diverse Planet
Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2026 8:01 pm
by ShadowEmpireHost
Unclassified planet from Oceania DLC, aim for ~15C temperature and 20-30% Ocean which will typically disable MTH from being created too. Key to deserts is usually mountain ranges blocking rain or vast inland areas.
Re: More Diverse Planet
Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2026 6:37 am
by JamesHunt
ShadowEmpireHost wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2026 8:01 pm
Unclassified planet from Oceania DLC, aim for ~15C temperature and 20-30% Ocean which will typically disable MTH from being created too. Key to deserts is usually mountain ranges blocking rain or vast inland areas.
Ok will try out, thanks.
Update: Unclassified generates exactly the planets I was looking for. Beautiful arid, plain, forest, snow, ice seas everthing mixed. I went with a -7 degree and obv high temp delta. I never tried unclassified out before but got the for me most impressive results so far, although the rerolling reached Baldur“s Gate 1/2 stats gen levels of commitment.
The MTH spawn threshold on the final screen after civ seems to be 30% ocean (for me 31% worked out, 29% didnt). This allows to play with MTH/DLC features without the for me overly tedious MTH management on water/island rich planets. One way to find out if MTH spawned is to find a sea tile after game start and see if it belongs to "non-aligned forces"
Re: More Diverse Planet
Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2026 9:00 pm
by ShadowEmpireHost
JamesHunt wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2026 6:37 am
ShadowEmpireHost wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2026 8:01 pm
Unclassified planet from Oceania DLC, aim for ~15C temperature and 20-30% Ocean which will typically disable MTH from being created too. Key to deserts is usually mountain ranges blocking rain or vast inland areas.
Ok will try out, thanks.
Update: Unclassified generates exactly the planets I was looking for. Beautiful arid, plain, forest, snow, ice seas everthing mixed. I went with a -7 degree and obv high temp delta. I never tried unclassified out before but got the for me most impressive results so far, although the rerolling reached Baldur“s Gate 1/2 stats gen levels of commitment.
The MTH spawn threshold on the final screen after civ seems to be 30% ocean (for me 31% worked out, 29% didnt). This allows to play with MTH/DLC features without the for me overly tedious MTH management on water/island rich planets. One way to find out if MTH spawned is to find a sea tile after game start and see if it belongs to "non-aligned forces"
Glad it worked out for you! Oceania does make some beautiful maps. And i've been there in the trenches rolling for 18/00 for the solo Kensai run lmao.