Page 1 of 1

[FIXED][1868][1877] Blank dialog and hang for ROE on waypoint

Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2026 2:48 pm
by thewood1
Any scenario, any unit, any waypoint...from what I can see in multiple builds. Right click on waypoint and open Doctrin/ROE. Dialog is blank. You can sometimes open up other tabs, but eventually the entire dialog hangs.

Screenshot 2026-06-20 104453.jpg
Screenshot 2026-06-20 104453.jpg (929.51 KiB) Viewed 284 times

Have to close CMO and restart to clear it. I think this was reported a while ago and will try to track it down.

edit...found the link: https://forums.matrixgames.com/viewtopi ... e#p5236442

I have gone back several versions now and it seems to have been an issue for a bit. I use waypoint doctrine changes a lot and this really cramps up my scenario building. I'll see if I can find a workaround.

Re: [1868][1877] Blank dialog and hang for ROE on waypoint

Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2026 4:11 pm
by Nikel
Regarding the waypoints, it was reported in this thread.

https://forums.matrixgames.com/viewtopi ... 0#p5233540


And the errors in the exception log.


20-06-2026 18:01:34 -- BBuild 1877 -- Object reference not set to an instance of an object. -- Scen : Lone Sentinel, 2030 -- DB : -- Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack Trace: at Command.MainForm.TxMvnvU2M9(Object )
Call Stack & Error details:
Error at 20078350: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

20-06-2026 18:02:36 -- BBuild 1877 -- Object reference not set to an instance of an object. -- Scen : Lone Sentinel, 2030 -- DB : -- Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack Trace: at Command.MainForm.TxMvnvU2M9(Object )
Call Stack & Error details:
Error at 20078350: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Error in Exception Handler! OnThreadException
theEx != null
Exception Type: System.NullReferenceException
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
StackTrace: at Command.DoctrineForm.XYYe6IOOKhF()
at Command.DoctrineForm.Refreshinfo()
at Command.DoctrineForm.KThe6dNebsY(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WmSelChange()
at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Re: [1868][1877] Blank dialog and hang for ROE on waypoint

Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2026 5:24 pm
by thewood1
So I went back as far as 1852 and the same blank dialog issue shows up as in the current beta 1877. But there is a difference; I can move around back and forth in the tabs, as well as close out the dialog with the X button. But once you get to 1868, the dialog soft hangs CMO once you start clicking on tabs. So something broke in 1852 and then broke more in 1862.

I remember now that in 1852/59/62 I had to load templates into the waypoint doctrine windows. That seemed to work as a workaround.

Re: [1868][1877] Blank dialog and hang for ROE on waypoint

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2026 12:45 pm
by Geoffropi
Thanks for the report, we've fixed it for the next build.