Page 1 of 1

PWhex editor

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2026 1:42 am
by DOCUP
Is there a thread or a guide on how to edit the Hex's with PWhex editor? What is the PWlink good for?

Re: PWhex editor

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2026 7:38 pm
by LargeSlowTarget
AFAIK there is no comprehensive guide or thread available.

Pwhexdat is used to set attributes for each individual hex - for example terrain type, hex side types (land, coastal, river etc. which governs whether a hexside is passable for land units and/or ships), road and railroads, stacking limits etc.

Pwlink is used to define the off map holding boxes, off map bases and the distance between the off-map bases.

Pwzone is used to define the off map access zones - the grey fields along the map borders where task forces leave and enter the map.

The various "instructions" and "about" text files that come with the editor files explain the functions, but in a rather "technical" way that is not easily accessible.

You have to copy the file you want to edit from the game root folder into the same folder that holds the tool, launch the tool, then load the file into the tool, do your editing, save the file in the tool and finally copy it back into the game root folder.

Re: PWhex editor

Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2026 12:51 am
by DOCUP
Thanks LST. Yes, it is confusing to edit. I am looking into it now. I'm not sure I'm doing it right when I bring up the file. wish me luck lol