Page 1 of 1
CM Cold War Crash
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2026 4:39 pm
by scaz
Combat Mission Cold War Crashes to Desktop before I even get to the main screen. I think I had this problem once before and it was a simple fix. None of the other Combat mission games fail.
Specs:
Windows 10 (64bit)
16 Gigs RAM
Intel i7-4790K CPU 4GHz
Geforce GTX 1660 (6GB)
Lots of hard drive space
Re: CM Cold War Crash
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 6:56 pm
by OldSarge
Do you have an integrated GPU on your machine? If so, that might be the issue as Windows will default to using the integrated GPU over your NVida GPU.
HTH
Re: CM Cold War Crash
Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2026 1:28 am
by scaz
OldSarge wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2026 6:56 pm
Do you have an integrated GPU on your machine? If so, that might be the issue as Windows will default to using the integrated GPU over your NVida GPU.
HTH
No integrated GPU. The game ran fine until yesterday when I tried to play it. The other CM2 games run fine.
Re: CM Cold War Crash
Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2026 1:22 pm
by scaz
UPDATE:
I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. Seems to work now. I can only guess that something got corrupted