Page 1 of 3
war in the pacific; Willie is Japanese, larry is alllies
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2026 8:31 pm
by larryfulkerson
Willie has consented to play "War in the Pacific" as the Japanese and has sent me his first turn. He claims he got fantastic results at Pearl, sinking a boat-load of ships, and the News Broadcast says he captured Hong Kong already. I thought I'd go through the game before I move anybody and see what we have to work with.

- temp.png (1.02 MiB) Viewed 579 times
Re: war in the pacific; Willie is Japanese, larry is alllies
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2026 8:37 pm
by larryfulkerson
Here's the attacks that he did during his turn. I'm going to look at all of them to see what the situation is there now.

- temp.png (1.02 MiB) Viewed 578 times
Re: war in the pacific; Willie is Japanese, larry is alllies
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2026 8:45 pm
by larryfulkerson
This is
T1 and this is one of the Japanese attacks on the airfield to the
NE of
Singapore. He did an airstrike and lost a handful of aircraft and I didn't suffer any losses at all. I assume my aircraft rose and defended the base.

- temp.png (1.37 MiB) Viewed 576 times
Re: war in the pacific; Willie is Japanese, larry is alllies
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2026 8:50 pm
by larryfulkerson
This is
T1 and this is another air strike on the airfield just north of
Singapore and this time the Japs lost an
Oscar and I lost
7 of my
Walrus float planes. It is a loss but not much of one.

- temp.png (1.34 MiB) Viewed 574 times
Re: war in the pacific; Willie is Japanese, larry is alllies
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2026 8:56 pm
by larryfulkerson
This is a third Japanese air strike on the airfield on the
Singapore hex and I lost a
Buffalo and the Japs lost about
6 Lily's destroyed and
9 damaged. A successful defense.

- temp.png (1.05 MiB) Viewed 573 times
Re: war in the pacific; Willie is Japanese, larry is alllies
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2026 9:04 pm
by larryfulkerson
This is supposedly the strike on Pearl and the Japs lost 6 destroyed Zero's and 24 damaged Zero's and the Allies lost 3 destroyed Wildcat's and 3 damaged B-26's. And for ship losses:
BB West Virginia 24% damage
BB Pennsylvania 23% damage
BB Tennessee 59% damage
BB Oklahoma 56% damage
BB Arizona 1% damage
BB California 21% damage
BB Nevada 12% damage
BB Maryland 16% damage

- temp.png (827.08 KiB) Viewed 568 times
Re: war in the pacific; Willie is Japanese, larry is alllies
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2026 9:13 pm
by larryfulkerson
This is a Japanese air strike on
Kunming and the Allies lost
4 Gladiator's and
1 I-16 destroyed and
1 damaged
I-16, 3 damaged
Gladiator's. And the Japs lost some
Oscar's and some
Sally's. A good defense is my analysis.

- temp.png (1.61 MiB) Viewed 571 times
Re: war in the pacific; Willie is Japanese, larry is alllies
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2026 9:29 pm
by larryfulkerson
Here's the results of the Japanese attack on
Hong Kong. I got completely wiped out. Just like real life.

- temp.png (1.47 MiB) Viewed 567 times
Re: war in the pacific; Willie is Japanese, larry is alllies
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2026 9:43 pm
by larryfulkerson
The Japs have landed ground forces at the port of
Claveria in the north of the
Phillipines. And there are some ships just offshore for support. I've got to garrison the other ports so he can't just walk in the take over. Plus I've got to drive up there and block the Japs from expanding their footprint. I've got precious few troops to do that. I'm not sure it can be done.
Fort Drum with it's
CD guns is protecting the
Manila port so far but it won't hold up against any
BB ships standing off out of my range and bombard it for a couple of turns, destroying them. Then the port is naked.

- temp.png (873.52 KiB) Viewed 564 times
Re: war in the pacific; Willie is Japanese, larry is alllies
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2026 10:02 pm
by larryfulkerson
This is the area around
Peiking showing the
Communist Chinese on the left and the Japs on the right. There's a lot of
CHICOM units that are in reorg and can't move so I think I'll build a front line using their current positions.

- temp.png (1.39 MiB) Viewed 562 times
Re: war in the pacific; Willie is Japanese, larry is alllies
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 7:21 am
by larryfulkerson
This is
Wake island and it's contents and the Jap islands of
Eniwetok and
Kwajalein with the distance depicted as in this image. I expect
Wake to be invaded sometime soon. There is not much I can do about it other than stationing some ships there.

- temp.png (106.24 KiB) Viewed 534 times
Re: war in the pacific; Willie is Japanese, larry is alllies
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 7:49 am
by larryfulkerson
I drove the
DD Division 70 from the
DD Pac Fleet 2 up to
Dutch Harbor for defense from sea based Jap invasions. If any occur. There's also a
Subchaser there for all the good it might do. And in terms of land units based there the garrison consists of
1 Civil Defense unit, the
4th US Army HQ unit, and the
201th Inf Rgt of the US Army. That's actually a pretty good defense for this base. I don't really expect any Jap attacks up here. I still think this base would profit from a
PBY aircraft up here. I'll find one at
Pearl and fly it up here. Just in case.

- temp.png (168.68 KiB) Viewed 533 times
Re: war in the pacific; Willie is Japanese, larry is alllies
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 8:00 am
by larryfulkerson
I've just discovered a minor crisis. I have
4 squadrons of
PBY's and all of them are in
reorg right now. The best I can do for
patrol duties are my
small float planes.

- temp.png (442.32 KiB) Viewed 531 times
Re: war in the pacific; Willie is Japanese, larry is alllies
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 8:06 am
by larryfulkerson
I've flown a
Kingfisher unit to
Atka island and I was surprised how far out the
range of this small plane can reach.
23 hexes is a pretty good range for a float plane. I'm impressed.

- temp.png (393.77 KiB) Viewed 531 times
Re: war in the pacific; Willie is Japanese, larry is alllies
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 8:18 am
by larryfulkerson
I was looking for a good place to move one of my Subchaser's and what do know, I found the
two Jap carrier groups and they are within range of
Pearl but I don't have the strength to do much damage without getting even more wrecked than I already am. I'm thinking of moving all the damaged ships to the
west coast to repair. Those that are too damaged to engage in combat at least. So I think I'll forgo any thoughts of attacking this turn.

- temp.png (528.56 KiB) Viewed 527 times
Re: war in the pacific; Willie is Japanese, larry is alllies
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 8:27 am
by larryfulkerson
I need to move
Force Z from the
Singapore area to
Columbia but I think there are Jap ships blocking me that I can't see right now. This is the
BB Prince of Wales and the
Battlecruiser Repulse and I'd like to save them. I'll let you know what happened when I moved it.

- temp.png (1.17 MiB) Viewed 526 times
Re: war in the pacific; Willie is Japanese, larry is alllies
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 8:33 am
by larryfulkerson
I used the aircraft at
Singapore for cover and sneaked ( snuck ? ) north slowly along the north coast of
Sumatra and thence to
Colombo ( I think I spelled as
Columbia at one point, my bad ) without any trouble. Count me lucky.

- temp.png (1.42 MiB) Viewed 525 times
Re: war in the pacific; Willie is Japanese, larry is alllies
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 8:43 am
by larryfulkerson
I drove the
CL Leander from
Whangarei, NZ up to
Poueua, New Caledonia just to group my combatants together more than they were. There are
empty ports there that need to be defended and I need more land units there to do that. And some
aircraft would be nice to have if any are in range that can be employed.

- temp.png (312.13 KiB) Viewed 525 times
Re: war in the pacific; Willie is Japanese, larry is alllies
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 8:51 am
by larryfulkerson
The
Walrus squadron at
Singapore was damaged by the Jap air strikes so I flew it to
Ceylon to repair. It's missing
7 of it's complement of
16 Walrus's so it'll probably be there for a turn or two to replenish. Meanwhile I'll replace it with the one found closer to
Columbo.

- temp.png (905 KiB) Viewed 523 times
Re: war in the pacific; Willie is Japanese, larry is alllies
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 8:58 am
by larryfulkerson
There are some
Soviet units that are waiting for an event to release them from being in
reserve which happens in turn
189 I believe. I have no idea what date that will be but I believe our scenario designer,
Thomas, will have researched it and will date it correctly. I'm pretty sure. About
90% sure.

- temp.png (1.6 MiB) Viewed 523 times