Page 1 of 2

8.00.00 Huge delay when moving naval units, any workaround?

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 10:45 am
by Joseignacio
Hi guys.

We all know that there are huge lags when moving HQs, when you progress in the game, especially in areas where the supply calculations are more delicate, however I don't recall having had or having heard of those lags when moving a ship or a fleet at sea, since these ships are always in supply.

Now my mate is planning his next impulse and he tells me even using H2H for his planning (H2H uses to work better than NP), it is worse than being killed through pinches :D :cry:

Now, any idea on how to solve or bypass this? It is not only a problem for the planning but i am worried about our next NP session.

Re: 8.00.00 Huge delay when moving naval units, any workaround?

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 11:17 am
by Orm
I always found it laggy when moving things at sea that affects sea supply. Even worse if isolated reorganization is in play.

Could the cause be the sea supply here? If so, maybe turning off the isolated reorganization option during movement helps?

Re: 8.00.00 Huge delay when moving naval units, any workaround?

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 11:53 am
by Andres71
t's infuriating; it doesn't happen every time, in every maritime area, or with every ship. I can't see a pattern.
H2H - Return To Base - United States.zip
(1.57 MiB) Downloaded 19 times

Re: 8.00.00 Huge delay when moving naval units, any workaround?

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 11:59 am
by Joseignacio
Orm wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2026 11:17 am I always found it laggy when moving things at sea that affects sea supply. Even worse if isolated reorganization is in play.

Could the cause be the sea supply here? If so, maybe turning off the isolated reorganization option during movement helps?
Can you? This could be a workaround. Will try.

Thanks

Re: 8.00.00 Huge delay when moving naval units, any workaround?

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 1:25 pm
by Orm
You can turn most options on/off by right-clicking on them in the optional rules form (extra units are forbidden to change).

However, I have not tried this in netplay mode.

Re: 8.00.00 Huge delay when moving naval units, any workaround?

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 5:37 pm
by rkr1958
(1) I've got good news and bad news or more accurately I've got bad news but I do have a workaround that will save you from all that pinching and frustration.

(2) Whether this is usable is up to you guys, but is an approach I used in my last (solo) AAR that went the distance in late game to keep me from pulling out my hair.

(3) But let me start at the first ...

(4) I loaded your game file in my beta tester version (8.1.0) and on long noticed a significant delay.

(5) I then RTB 3 or 4 US ships in Cape St. Vincent and saw a several seconds delay for each ship.

(6) The delay is maddening and no way I could keep my sanity through the entire RTB phase.

(7) By the way, before doing any RTB I shut off isolated reorg but that didn't matter a bit.

(8) Also, I converted your game file from H2H to solitary, so everything I saw/did is based on solitary mode.

(9) Next I retro-graded your game file to 5.0.0, loaded and RTB 3 or 4 US ships.

(10) The maddening/hair pulling delay was still there.

(11) Next I retro-graded to 3.2.0 & no noticeable delay!

(12) The reason I didn't retro to that version vs 5.0.0 initially is because there's a format difference in stored trade agreements and you'll have to keep a copy of those trade agreements from 8.0.0 to copy back over when going back from 3.2.0 to 8.0.0.

(13) I'm not familiar with H2H play so don't know if this would work? But it would definitely work for solo.

(14) But, you could change mode to solo & retro grade like I did during RTB then go back to 8.0.0 & H2H play after?

(15) Again, this would require saving your 8.0.0 trade agreements and copying them back over when going back to 8.0.0.

(16) Or, you could permanently convert to solo play & version 3.2.0 and convert to PBEM style game.

Re: 8.00.00 Huge delay when moving naval units, any workaround?

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2026 12:31 am
by Joseignacio
We play with NP.

My pal and I revert to Solitaire or H2H just to prepare the next session. Or solve some problem.
It seems interesting the solution that you suggest, but would we need to have two MWIF installations?

Also, we would need to copy/paste the Trade Agreements, is this in your editing document? I have to check because I dont have your document right now.

Thanks very much for all the interest you took in our problem, Ronnie

Re: 8.00.00 Huge delay when moving naval units, any workaround?

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2026 2:09 am
by rkr1958
Difference in trade agreements is in my editing document.

Re: 8.00.00 Huge delay when moving naval units, any workaround?

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2026 8:57 am
by Joseignacio
Thanks again

Re: 8.00.00 Huge delay when moving naval units, any workaround?

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2026 10:52 am
by rkr1958
Joseignacio wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2026 8:57 am Thanks again
Good luck.

Re: 8.00.00 Huge delay when moving naval units, any workaround?

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2026 2:51 pm
by rkr1958
(1) The following pages are take directly from (the latest) of my game file editing captured document.

(2) If I could figure out a way for this document to be hosted I'd be happy to continue providing this community with my latest version.

(3) Also, I'd be happy to share ownership of this document with someone that would be willing to better organize it.

(4) Currently, sections are in order that I created them, in scrambled order & with no table of contents.

Installing and running Multiple Versions (page 5).
999-Instailling-and-running-multiple-verisons.png
999-Instailling-and-running-multiple-verisons.png (212.88 KiB) Viewed 724 times
Trade Agreements Editing (pages 12 - 14)
999-Trade-agreements-1.png
999-Trade-agreements-1.png (234.87 KiB) Viewed 724 times
999-Trade-agreements-2.png
999-Trade-agreements-2.png (272.29 KiB) Viewed 724 times
999-Trade-agreements-3.png
999-Trade-agreements-3.png (270.08 KiB) Viewed 724 times

Re: 8.00.00 Huge delay when moving naval units, any workaround?

Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2026 3:09 pm
by Joseignacio
Thanks, you are too kind.

After some days of indisposition, while visiting my parents, i have recovered and in some hours we'll play.

It is true that, alas, unchecking the optional Orm suggested doesnt work. Thanks anyway, Orm.

I told my pal to install 3,2 as another version to run through these (and maybe other possible future) glitches, and he doesnt seem to prone to that. We may be using MAGIC to edit the locations instead. Will report.

Re: 8.00.00 Huge delay when moving naval units, any workaround?

Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2026 2:08 am
by rkr1958
Joseignacio wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2026 3:09 pm Thanks, you are too kind.

After some days of indisposition, while visiting my parents, i have recovered and in some hours we'll play.

It is true that, alas, unchecking the optional Orm suggested doesnt work. Thanks anyway, Orm.

I told my pal to install 3,2 as another version to run through these (and maybe other possible future) glitches, and he doesnt seem to prone to that. We may be using MAGIC to edit the locations instead. Will report.
Good luck.

Re: 8.00.00 Huge delay when moving naval units, any workaround?

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2026 10:58 am
by Joseignacio
We have endured till end of turn, in the hope that the pass of one more turn may solve it, but it has been challenging to deal with so much delay.

If this isnt magically solved next turn, I guess we'll have to go back to 3.2 OMG. What changes may happen? I mean, there is a list of changes from each upgrade, but what will happen to existing CBVs already on map for example? Or other matters? If somebody has gone through this.

Re: 8.00.00 Huge delay when moving naval units, any workaround?

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2026 3:35 pm
by Centuur
The game should run the same. There's no other way than to take a deep dive in this case.

Re: 8.00.00 Huge delay when moving naval units, any workaround?

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2026 1:07 pm
by Joseignacio
Thanks

Re: 8.00.00 Huge delay when moving naval units, any workaround?

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2026 4:44 pm
by Joseignacio
It seems that, as predicted, the problem goes on. We are moving to 3.00.00.02.

In the file name we need to change from 8.0.0 to 3.0.2? or 3.2.0 or what?
Captura de pantalla 2026-08-28 184336.png
Captura de pantalla 2026-08-28 184336.png (1.11 KiB) Viewed 404 times
Thanks in advance

Re: 8.00.00 Huge delay when moving naval units, any workaround?

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2026 9:23 pm
by Joseignacio
Never mind, checking rkr's previous post (although it was for a different matter, I see it is 3.2.0

Edit: For now it doesnt work, it seems I will have to check all the changes from 3.2 to 8.0 and unselect the possible optionals that were not in the older version, as I see now that is explained in the Editing document. :oops:
You can tell by the version number used in the example above that the example and description are from 2016, almost 7 years ago at the time of THIS paragraph’s writing. We are now up to 5.0.0.10 (debug). I currently have installed and frequently run versions 5.0.0.10 (debug), 4.4.1.0 (debug), 4.2.3.2 (debug) and 3.2.0. All game version 4.x game files and higher are compatible with all these versions and 3.x game file are mostly. To run a higher version game file (e.g., 5.0.0.10) in a previous version (e.g., 3.2.0) requires that the version being edited and retro-graded to that earlier version number. If you retro-grade then the you’ll have to “turn off” any newly coded optional rules (as covered in that section) and if you retro-grade from 5.x/4.x to 3.x you may need to fix one or more trade agreements as covered in that section.

Re: 8.00.00 Huge delay when moving naval units, any workaround?

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2026 12:15 pm
by Joseignacio
Ok, I do not understand how can you have several exes at the same time in the same folder (without renaming them, which I dont dare unless being told to) as in here...
Captura de pantalla 2026-08-29 140733.png
Captura de pantalla 2026-08-29 140733.png (219.71 KiB) Viewed 353 times
but that is not important.

Just another feedback for whoever tries to go back to 3.00.02, AFAIK there is no 3.2. Maybe I am wrong? Only 3.00.02. If this is so, what people need to write to retrograde to "3.2" at the top of the file is "3.0.2,"

It seems we were able to retrograde (to 3.00.02, hopefully this is "3.2"). Thanks a lot for all the effort both with the editing document and the support here. Dont know how I would be able to play my favourite (board) game without your help, people. Hopefully Trade Agreements and Optionals wont be a problem, we'll face then if we reach them.
Captura de pantalla 2026-08-29 141414.png
Captura de pantalla 2026-08-29 141414.png (271.62 KiB) Viewed 353 times

Re: 8.00.00 Huge delay when moving naval units, any workaround?

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2026 1:41 pm
by rkr1958
Jose,

I hold on to all the version. I've attached (in Zip file) 3.2.0.

By the way, you can see all the versions that I currently can run.
3.2.0-MWIF.zip
(9.09 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
999-3-2-0.png
999-3-2-0.png (1.14 MiB) Viewed 344 times
999-MWIF-Versions.png
999-MWIF-Versions.png (94.78 KiB) Viewed 338 times