Page 1 of 1

Making TOAW look like the (better) earlierr versions

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2026 10:51 am
by Pantsonfire
Hi
I've been with TOAW since TOAW1 and Korea. Each new version seems to me to be less attractive - I guess I am an old fart - but the 2D 'counters' maps in TOAW4 are particularly unsatisfactory. Can I change the graphics on TOAW4 to look like an earlier incarnation of this wonderful game???
TIA

Re: Making TOAW look like the (better) earlierr versions

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2026 9:11 am
by Cpl GAC
In short - yes. TOAW is highly modifiable visually. (And fairly simple once you understand how).

Start your project by reviewing how-tos here; https://forums.matrixgames.com/viewforum.php?f=10666

Re: Making TOAW look like the (better) earlierr versions

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2026 8:07 am
by sPzAbt653
You might try this:
https://forums.matrixgames.com/viewtopi ... 7#p4206647

I seem to remember that the ability to revert to original graphics was included close to release, but I can't find mention of it in documentation.

Re: Making TOAW look like the (better) earlierr versions

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2026 3:50 pm
by Pantsonfire
Thanks to you both. That was easy!
Great stuff, thanks a lot.