Page 1 of 1
Range value discrepancy between stated DB-viewer value and in-sim calcs & display on "Unit Status"
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 6:20 am
by Knightpawn
I have a case where a the description says that a loadout's tac range is 180nm, but if one actually launches the unit the range seems to be +2x than that. Do I report this in the forum or as a DB issue?
Re: [Q] Discrepancy between unit performance and description
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 6:44 am
by blu3s
Is it the text description htat is on top on the DB viewier or the loadout box description?
If the later, it's a DB thing.
Re: [Q] Discrepancy between unit performance and description
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 12:36 pm
by tylerblakebrandon
Is this necessarily an issue? What is the unit involved? The loadout should contain a buffer and the range should be enough to account for a round trip back to base even with some stores still aboard without the maximum possible range buff from expending all stores and the weight/drag reduction.
Re: [Q] Discrepancy between unit performance and description
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 2:04 pm
by Kushan04
Knightpawn wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2026 6:20 am
I have a case where a the description says that a loadout's tac range is 180nm, but if one actually launches the unit the range seems to be +2x than that. Do I report this in the forum or as a DB issue?
The loadout ranges shown are nominal, they're going to vary in reality depending on the current altitude and speed of the aircraft...
Re: [Q] Discrepancy between unit performance and description
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 2:44 pm
by Knightpawn
i am hesitant to report it as an issue. But when I read 180nm range for loadout 37x Marines, I expect this is the tactical range I have to plan around. I don't expect something like this (launch one and observe practical range).