Page 1 of 1

[1900.18] Computer side Strike mission generates flight plans against undiscovered targets

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2026 7:21 am
by Knightpawn
A computer side strike mission has a long list of named ship targets.
These targets are undetected when the game starts.
Once some targets get detected a flight plan is generated and the strike mission launches. But the flight plan is generated not against any of the detected targets on the list but against undetected ones.

In other words:
Designer to comp side: Your Missions is strike targets A, B, or C when you see them
Computer Side: OK I see now A, hence i set up a strike flight-plan against C (who I don't know where she is but that does not matter because a higher entity knows)

To reproduce run the scenario in the editor, switch to WP side (God view switched off), step on acceleration and watch what is detected and how mission <Mar Strike> behaves

Re: [1900.18] Computer side Strike mission generates flight plans against undiscovered targets

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2026 3:54 pm
by Raptorx7_slith
Logged as 0017616

Just as a note this is also an issue with the design of the scenario, a strike mission utilizing the MDSP like this is going to have difficulty ever being effective. I believe this was made before the strike planner existed though so that explains its format

Re: [1900.18] Computer side Strike mission generates flight plans against undiscovered targets

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:51 am
by Knightpawn
Raptorx7_slith wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2026 3:54 pm Logged as 0017616

Just as a note this is also an issue with the design of the scenario, a strike mission utilizing the MDSP like this is going to have difficulty ever being effective. I believe this was made before the strike planner existed though so that explains its format
I agree with your comment. I tweaked the events in the scenario and it works smoothy with a Unit Detected trigger and activation of a Naval Strike Mission with a maximum range set - much simpler