Page 1 of 1

Fragmenting LCUs by air

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2026 12:14 pm
by Yaab
Scen001

I needed aviation support in Tsuyung so I decided to fragment AVG Ground Echelon by air transport. I have flown 8 aviation support devices from Mandalay to Tsuyung. When I went to Mandalay again after two or three turns, I ntoiced that the AVG's parent unit has the "+" sign next to Aviation Support devices. Seems I can top it up to the full TOE (30 aviation support) and fly another fragment somewhere else, and repeat the whole process ad nauseam.

Does that mean I can have ample aviation support in dozens of bases? How many fragments can I create from one LCU?

Re: Fragmenting LCUs by air

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2026 1:13 pm
by RangerJoe
I don't think so . . .

Re: Fragmenting LCUs by air

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2026 2:19 pm
by BBfanboy
Yaab wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 12:14 pm Scen001

I needed aviation support in Tsuyung so I decided to fragment AVG Ground Echelon by air transport. I have flown 8 aviation support devices from Mandalay to Tsuyung. When I went to Mandalay again after two or three turns, I ntoiced that the AVG's parent unit has the "+" sign next to Aviation Support devices. Seems I can top it up to the full TOE (30 aviation support) and fly another fragment somewhere else, and repeat the whole process ad nauseam.

Does that mean I can have ample aviation support in dozens of bases? How many fragments can I create from one LCU?
Only the intact AVG unit has the + sign. It's TOE is 30 AS, IIRC. When you flew out the 8 AS, the + sign disappeared - there is no longer a possibility to fill the missing TOE. Lack of supplies and distance from a supplied base are probably factors.

Re: Fragmenting LCUs by air

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2026 5:39 pm
by Diliwitm
Despite the + it do not fill because the game checks the total device quantity of all fragments.

Re: Fragmenting LCUs by air

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2026 5:56 pm
by Yaab
Good to know. Many thanks.