Page 1 of 1

Escort TF and loaded ships

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2026 12:42 pm
by Yaab
Scen001

Lahaina (Hawaii) has a mix of non-combat ships at start. I sent a couple of DDs to escort those ships to Pearl Harbor through sub-infested hexes. One of the ships was an AG ship, loaded with supplies. As you can see the option "Do not unload" was greyed out on TF screen so it couldn't be changed to "Unload". OK, so I thought, the ships would get to PH and I would unload the AG manually in PH via a mission change/new TF. To my surprise, the TF unloaded the supplies on ITS OWN and the AG is empty.

Funny that.

Re: Escort TF and loaded ships

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2026 1:13 pm
by RangerJoe
Maybe they should have disbanded although that might not have made a difference.

If the TF was a transport TF then they probably would have the option to not unload the task force.

Re: Escort TF and loaded ships

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2026 2:15 pm
by BBfanboy
Yes, Escort TFs seem to unload to make themselves lighter - as if they were all fighting flooding. I am not sure if the TF could have been set as a Cargo TF with an AG in it, but if so, the "Do Not Unload" option would have been available.
My own preference would have been to disband those ships until the sub threat is pushed away.