Page 1 of 1

Installin "Lowland Lions"

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 9:49 am
by Bertram
I bought the DLC "Lowland Lions". Sadly I can not install it, because "Setup has discovered that you haven't installed Cold War". This isn't correct.....

Re: Installin "Lowland Lions"

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 3:51 pm
by CapnDarwin
What are your system specs. Is this a Matrix or Steam install for both products?

Re: Installin "Lowland Lions"

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 6:15 am
by Bertram
Got a Windows 11 machine. It runs Cold War pretty good. It seems I have a Steam version installed - it is in my Steam library, and offers to start Steam when I open it (by way of a desktop icon). This might be why the DLC from Matrix won't run..

Just had something odd occure....I started Cold War (from the desktop icon, but with Steam in the background) and it opened with a Lowland opening screen. Then it went on to run Cold War. Restarting it didn't get me the Lowland screen again.

Re: Installin "Lowland Lions"

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 1:23 pm
by CapnDarwin
The scenario selection screen has a drop-down that lets you choose Cold War or LL scenarios. If you see the LL splash, the DLC should be loaded and playable.