Page 1 of 1

Multiplayer Tournaments

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:47 pm
by Kushan04
With multiplayer coming to everyone next week, I want gauge how many people in the community would be willing to participate in MP tournaments.

I have an idea for the structure but the final format will depend on how many people sign up.

Re: Multiplayer Tournaments

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 11:51 am
by Mkha2023
I have been waiting for 2 things in CMO: MP and a proper land warfare.

Do those 2 and you'll have a years long recipe for a outstanding success!

I would sign up for MP tournaments, but would have to refresh cmo knowledge. Its a great idea

Re: Multiplayer Tournaments

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:14 pm
by thewood1
"Do those 2 and you'll have a years long recipe for a outstanding success!"

I would say that 13 years, thousands of players, multiple defense contracts is already a fairly good definition of long-standing success. Not sure commercial MP can materially change that.

Re: Multiplayer Tournaments

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 3:57 pm
by Mkha2023
thewood1 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:14 pm "Do those 2 and you'll have a years long recipe for a outstanding success!"

I would say that 13 years, thousands of players, multiple defense contracts is already a fairly good definition of long-standing success. Not sure commercial MP can materially change that.
I wasnt minimizing the CMO trajectory.

1: I was refering to retail clients. (Altough im sure professional institutions would find an in-depth land-warfare simulator very interesting.)

2: with those 2 facets well settled it would be a decades long game, and no need would exist to transition to another game (like previous command). Sell the land warfare package as dlc (i would buy it).

Re: Multiplayer Tournaments

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 6:44 pm
by thewood1
The transition to the new game was a major rebuild that had nothing to do with multiplayer. There are games that are successful without multiplayer.

Re: Multiplayer Tournaments

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 8:21 pm
by Mkha2023
thewood1 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2026 6:44 pm The transition to the new game was a major rebuild that had nothing to do with multiplayer. There are games that are successful without multiplayer.

I believe you.

My point is that CMO can become a even better game if it can fulfill those 2 slots: mp and land warfare.

It is that evolution that i wager many users are eager for.

As a weapons systems testing simulator, it has no parallel in civ world.