Page 1 of 1

Yepres for free?

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 1:50 am
by Jack59
Hey, you might like to read this and DELETE my post SAP! I hadn't played the WW1 game much, since I liked the other SC games better. My other games were updated so I got thought I should Check for Updates for WW1. OK, there was one. When I opened the game I could play the Ypres DLC for free! I don't think you meant that to happen, since the Empires in Turmoil DLC was not paid for and did not play. I then decided to buy Empires in Turmoil to see if the Ypres DLC would still work. It did still work. I then paid for Ypres, but haven't put the SN number yet.

I thought you should know. Also, my laptop locked up when quitting the first turn. I thought this was a feature, but then I noticed MS was doing some new updating that was slowing my CPU. Maybe your DLC's should be set up to play only one turn, unless it is paid for. It got me interested in the Ypres DLC!

Re: Yepres for free?

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 2:23 am
by Hubert Cater
Hi Jack,

Could you tell me if this is for the Matrix release of the game, or possibly Steam?

Hubert

Re: Yepres for free?

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 8:59 pm
by Jack59
I thought it was through Matrix, but my Xsolla invoice after a bought the DLC, says Siltherine. I bought them through the Matrix Website. The original problematic game update was through SCWW1 game interface, if that helps. That update did not ask for a password. Just checked the MS installed apps and it says Matrix.

Re: Yepres for free?

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2026 1:54 am
by stormbringer3
I updated my game with the latest patch, and I also now have all the Ypres scenarios. They're all playable. I didn't buy them. What do you recommend me doing?
Thanks.

Re: Yepres for free?

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2026 6:13 am
by Jack59
If you want it, I would buy it. The next version will probably kick you out without SN. I am waiting to put my SN. Why I don't know. Currently playing a mod SCWW2 Europe.