Page 1 of 1
Taking small towns with 10 fort level
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 11:31 am
by coach3play4
Can't seem to take towns like oviedo,san Vicente ,San Pedro. Finally nearing end of campaign and just bypassing those cities. I have them down to 0 supply. Had artillery engineers overwhelming force but could no decay fort level. Any tips please!
Re: Taking small towns with 10 fort level
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 5:13 pm
by Q-Ball
I personally think forts in the game are too hard to crack......you really can't take a fortified city until the garrison starves, and unlike WITP-AE, there really isn't a formula for cracking forts.
(In WITP-AE, you include combat engineers and artillery, and you'll usually knock a fort off each attack, then you bomb to keep the garrison from rebuilding a fort). Takes awhile, but works eventually.
In this one, the only method that works for me is starvation
Re: Taking small towns with 10 fort level
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 10:30 pm
by WingedIncubus
Agreed with the above - I wish what it takes to decrease Forts was made clearer or explained better, and I hope that the incoming update addresses this somewhat to make it a little easier to decrease the fort level.
Or, is it based on weighted AV-ratio being 2-to-1 and above, like in WITP:AE?