Page 1 of 1

No weapon launch WP in strike plan for short standoff weapon

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 1:32 pm
by Knightpawn
A question before reporting something:

I noticed that the strike plan of this strike mission does not include a weapons launch WP despite that AS-14 Kedge are short distance standoff weapons (6 nm). I would expect a weapons launch WP between IP and Target. Or should not I? Should I report this with save and all?

A general corollary question: Can one create custom flight-plans templates to load in the flight plan editor, or one has to work with and amend the auto-generated template?
Screenshot 2026-10-05 163032.png
Screenshot 2026-10-05 163032.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 545 times

Re: [Q] no weapon launch WP in strike plan for short standoff weapon

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 2:11 pm
by Nikel
There seems to be a problem with that weapon or the sensors.

Cannot detect the target when it is autodetectable.

K.gif
K.gif (1.64 MiB) Viewed 533 times

Re: [Q] no weapon launch WP in strike plan for short standoff weapon

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 4:28 pm
by Knightpawn
Nikel wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 2:11 pm There seems to be a problem with that weapon or the sensors.

Cannot detect the target when it is autodetectable.
That sounds like a more serious issue that mine ;)

Re: [Q] no weapon launch WP in strike plan for short standoff weapon

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 4:45 pm
by Nikel
Well, I thought that could be the cause of your issue :lol:

Re: [Q] no weapon launch WP in strike plan for short standoff weapon

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 5:01 pm
by thewood1
On Nikel's issue...because he likes stuffing his own issues inside other ones...The Kedge is right on the boundary of minimum altitude is one possibility. There is also a minimum 1 km range limitation. And the weather has to be fairly clear. None of which can be checked without a save.

And all autodetect does is let the player see it. The weapon has to still detect it through its firing sensor. The SU is outside the boresight of the Kedge's EO at times.

Re: [Q] no weapon launch WP in strike plan for short standoff weapon

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 7:30 pm
by Knightpawn
thewood1 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 5:01 pm On Nikel's issue...because he likes stuffing his own issues inside other ones...The Kedge is right on the boundary of minimum altitude is one possibility. There is also a minimum 1 km range limitation. And the weather has to be fairly clear. None of which can be checked without a save.

And all autodetect does is let the player see it. The weapon has to still detect it through its firing sensor. The SU is outside the boresight of the Kedge's EO at times.
I think Nikel is on to something. Try and hit the brigde. It is as if the weapon is disfunctional

Re: [Q] no weapon launch WP in strike plan for short standoff weapon

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 9:01 pm
by thewood1
Which AS-14 should I test with? You show a T at the the top and an L in the test scenario. I'll try the T first I guess.

Re: [Q] no weapon launch WP in strike plan for short standoff weapon

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 9:11 pm
by thewood1
I just moved everything to a new location, used a land bridge, and dbk3 519.

Screenshot 2026-10-05 170925.png
Screenshot 2026-10-05 170925.png (5.18 MiB) Viewed 399 times

Re: [Q] no weapon launch WP in strike plan for short standoff weapon

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 9:18 pm
by thewood1
Tried it in a bunch of spots and it worked. EXCEPT...in the area of the test. Thats where you should be looking. Pretty sure its not the weapon or the Auto detect.

Tested it and as I suspected, the heavy built up urban area is hiding the bridge from the targeting sensor on the SU. If you turn off terrain cover feature in the scenario or place the bridge in open areas, it all works as expected. WAD.

Re: [Q] no weapon launch WP in strike plan for short standoff weapon

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 11:05 pm
by thewood1
As to the intial issue before the distraction...I am fairly sure the waypoint isn't being generated because there is no clear view of the target during the run-in. Might be an adjustment is needed to the auto-gen flight plan to give you a clue it'll have an issue. But its also something that with experience and attention you can avoid.

Re: [Q] no weapon launch WP in strike plan for short standoff weapon

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2026 7:17 am
by Knightpawn
thewood1 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 9:18 pm Tried it in a bunch of spots and it worked. EXCEPT...in the area of the test. Thats where you should be looking. Pretty sure its not the weapon or the Auto detect.

Tested it and as I suspected, the heavy built up urban area is hiding the bridge from the targeting sensor on the SU. If you turn off terrain cover feature in the scenario or place the bridge in open areas, it all works as expected. WAD.
Thanks for putting time in this. Much appreciated. It is indeed the placement of the target at the particular point. I move it (an also put other buildings) in open land and targeting worked.

What is strange is that I unchecked terrain effects (which to my mind factors in terrain into targeting) and still the target cannot be acquired at the particular spot but can be elsewhere (in the city). Hence I conclude the issue is that the target was placed on water (it is that type of facility) rather than land

Re: No weapon launch WP in strike plan for short standoff weapon

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2026 8:32 pm
by thewood1
If it really needs to go in that water spot, use a custom zone to put virtual spots for pylons. That should work.