What are the threshold for reserves activation?
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2026 7:13 pm
I thought that protecting fortification levels was one, but i am not seeing it
What's your Strategy?
https://forums.matrixgames.com:443/
When they activate from Reserve and take part in a battle, they never have OpMode(-) modifier, thus they must be used in Combat mode and not in Move modeDiliwitm wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 8:24 pm *I wonder way are they put in move mode in defence...do this mean they can come from adjacent hex if fast eboufh(motorised)?
There's a fatal flaw in this argument. Your assuming the reserve unit will be activated.Yaab wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2026 9:49 am After my 40th Corps got totally mangled, I checked op reports from provious turns. It seems Japanese AI reconed this corps with recon aircraft and the detection level in Chengchow on previous turn was 9/10. I reckon this DL was actually the DL of the 40th Corps thus all fire in the fire phase was against this corps (my other units - HQs, BF, small 15th Corps and cosnt regiment were totally unscathed).
Hence the idea:
- move your most reconed unit to Reserve mode, so it sits out the fire phase and only activates after the fire phase to provide its untouched AV to final odds.