Page 1 of 1

Good news on Market Penetration.

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:51 am
by Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Just reporting two sightings of Korsun Pocket on sale in the Place dOrleans mall in the Ottawa area.

Both games listed on shelf for 69 bucks Canadian.

One was an EB outlet, one was a Compucenter.

Any locals looking for a copy, now you know, they are available for walk by purchasing opportunities :).

One would be already gone, but I just depleted my cash supply last week (figures).

I should also note, the store shelves have just about every title that a wargamer would have any interest in mentioning.

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:39 pm
by Blunderbuss
Yeah, I've spotted Matrix products in several games stores around here. I sometimes discreetly move them to a more prominent position on the shelf ;) .

Just bought Hostile Waters (new, original packaging) for £1.99 ($3) at HMV. :D Voice-overs by Paul Darrow and Tom Baker. Great stuff.

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:12 pm
by Firefly
Yes, same here in south-west London, my local branch of GAME (EB, basically) has copies of Korsun Pocket, Uncommon Valor and Titans of Steel, so it looks as if Just Play are doing a good job of getting the games into stores in the UK.

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:38 pm
by David Heath
Thank you guys for the reports keep them coming.

David

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:35 pm
by Wallenstein
Even here in Austria I´ve seen Starships Unlimited and the Barbarossa addon for Sturmovik in a local software store...couldn´t resist and have both at home now. :)
Korsun Pocket still has to be imported...

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:51 pm
by Fredflak
Same here Les,

I bought Korsun Pocket at a Compucenter, the same place where I bought Uncommon Valor. I saw bought of those at pretty much every Compucenter I went too.

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:52 pm
by Firefly
The Operation Barbarossa add-on in Europe is not the Matrix version, but the original Just Flight version. It's a bit confusing as Just Flight, with their Just Play hat on, are the distributors of other Matrix games in Europe. In fact if you want to order KP from within the EU to avoid any possible customs charges you can do so from Just Play's website: http://www.justplaynow.com/ , they do charge for delivery outside the UK though. They act as the dealer for HPS games as well, but I haven't seen any of those in shops.

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:36 pm
by Zakhal
Stockmanns micronia in Finland has a nice collection of matrix games (including all the recent publishments). Available from matrix games @ micronia netsite or from several stockmann shops around the country.

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:01 pm
by e_barkmann
..and still no sign of Korsun Pocket on the store shelves in the country it was developed in.

....

Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:31 am
by JeF
Just to let you know that European Online Distributors Duchet (english/french) and store4war (french) both have Matrix Games in store.

To note :
- KP and ToS make the front page at Duchet;
- Uncommon Valor is part of the best sales at store4war and advertised that way on the front page;
- store4war distributes all the known Matrix Games (from UV to ToS, including MC, KP and SU).

To add here a comment that would have best suited a precedent thread, I think that being distributed in store (both physical and online) is a big plus for a game editor (for any editor BTW).
You get to hit a wider audience, some of which wouldn't know otherwise.
You get free marketing as the store might advertise itself by, hopefully, advertising your games.
You get some credits by not being an obscure underground editor anymore.

All in all, it is a good thing. Especially, as they do not seem to be exclusive deals (a previous big mistake from BF.C in Europe).

JeF.