Page 1 of 1

Scroll speed - Steel Panthers I & II

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:52 am
by jksey
I have played SP I & II for years on my desktop.

To play them on the go I loaded them on my laptop (Compaq 1800).

The games otherwise play ok, but the scroll speed is like lightspeed. I just tap the side of the screen to scroll across it and the screen zips to that side so fast that it is impossible to view anything in between.

Please advise of any fixes or downloads to correct this and Thanks in advance.

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:51 pm
by Hill 621
SP 1 et 2 are DOS programs, et run too speed on Win.

You can also adjust the scroll speed in INI file line 7th.
Replace Zero value to higher (2 or more).

If not you may load a soft that permit playing DOS games with WIN PC :
http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/u/rridge/myslow

Good game

Scroll Seed

Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 10:42 am
by vicdelta
Could you go through that one more time please. I too have installed SP WAW on a very fast computer and it moves like a banshee. I can't view the game because it moves too fast. What .INI file was that and what line (line name) was that to do a major slow down?

Merci

Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:37 pm
by Hill 621
Tips with INI files are only to SP1 & 2, that DOS run.
SPWAW run on Win. But i've never hearded someone with this speed problem on this game...

What you're Win version ?

Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 8:30 pm
by chief
Hill 621....as an addition to the above posts...I have win XP (laptop) and Spwaw installed in compatiblity mode and my vehicles and troops move at lightning speed across the battlefield. If anyone has a fix I'd appreciate knowing it.

Will "my slow" work with XP ?????It didn't state it would.

Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 10:09 pm
by Hill 621
Hummm very strange, I'm member of a large SPWAW's gamers group and nobody had this...

May you try with Sandbox, it's help for Dos program runing on XP
http://www.longhighway.com/sandbox/xp.html

For info "Myslow" do no run with XP :-(

Tell me if you manage to slow spwaw with this or not

Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 10:32 pm
by Charles2222
Hill 621 wrote:Hummm very strange, I'm member of a large SPWAW's gamers group and nobody had this...

May you try with Sandbox, it's help for Dos program runing on XP
http://www.longhighway.com/sandbox/xp.html

For info "Myslow" do no run with XP :-(

Tell me if you manage to slow spwaw with this or not
CPU Killer, in an independent test :rolleyes: seems to work. I'm still evaluating it though. It only gives you 20 minutes on the free version, but resets the time everytime you quit the program. I'm not sure what it costs, or even if it was designed for XP, but SPWW2 and EAW slows down pretty good. It's just a matter of finding the right combination of reduced chopiness and slowdown.

Apparently, apart from my independent test, it does work with XP, though the latest version made it a more widespread XP coverage http://www.cpukiller.com/products/cpukiller/

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:37 am
by chief
Thanks for replies I'll give them both a try but first I'm contemplating putting on two OpSys on my machine Win95 and XP. Win 95 for SPWAW & H2H only. I suspect same results due to cpu speed, oh well.....Hill 621 Merci bucoup (spelling?) Charles 22 thank y'all