Page 1 of 1

SPWAW patches

Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:31 am
by McGib
Greetings folks, first post in 2 years, and I'm out of touch on how to find stuff. I have the full version of the game version 5.0 and most of the links to d/l 7.1 are broken. Does anyone know where I might get patches to upgrade from 5 to 7.1?

Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:40 am
by chief
Believe I can help you on this one. Top of page, click on downloads, center of downloads page, last box right hand column, click and follow info just below 7.1 download. If you have any problems send me PM.....welcome back

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:39 pm
by DoomedMantis
A quick question

Have version 7.0, and downloaded and loaded the 7.1 update, but the game still states that it is version 7.0, anything I can do to check whether I am actually playing 7.1 rather than 7.0 other than in game? Version 7 came from Lost Victories disk

regards

DM

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:51 pm
by Les_the_Sarge_9_1
First guess is you have encountered the name gap error.

I think it was the 7.1 update that has a difference between "Matrix Games", and "MatrixGames" in the file name which will direct the update incorrectly.

Incredibly small error admittedly. I usually specifically load the game in a custom location, and as such this error doesn't effect me.

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:07 pm
by DoomedMantis
yep that was it, thanks

DM