Page 1 of 1
Mg's and movement
Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:00 pm
by String
Okay, I understand that the game turn is about 1-2 minutes right?
then why cant any of the MG's shoot after they have moved. The german mg42 with a bipod can get ready to fire in less than 10 seconds.. I have personal expierience with it from the army and it took me about 6-7 seconds to get down, assume firing position, aim and fire.
And that was the first time i had ever used the weapon in combat (well in combat excercises

) Anyways IMHO light machineguns should be able to fire when on the move.
I do understand that with tripods it would take considerably more time to ready a MG but with bipods its a lot easier.
Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:07 pm
by Alby
They Can in the H2H verison

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:29 pm
by Voriax
String wrote: Anyways IMHO light machineguns should be able to fire when on the move.
They can. _Light_ mg's are integrated into infantry squads. Those independent mmg or hmg teams are those that are equipped with tripods/optical sights/extra ammo boxes and such.
Voriax
ok
Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:59 pm
by String
ok thanks for clearing that up for me
Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:19 pm
by Wild Bill
Actually, the estimated time frame of a turn is more like 5 minutes, or it was originally.
I agree. The MG unit is already penalized with a reduced move factor and then to be unable to fire on the turn that it moves seems too much.
Voriax has a good alternative for LMGs. Medium machine guns should not require that much time but then you can't have half a turn in the game.
The only way I compensate in the games I design is to give LMG and MMG units the same move factor as the infantry they support.
Someone correct me on this if I am in error. In the many hours of testing the scenarios for the Screaming Eagles Mega Campaign, I think I have seen MMG such as the US .30 Cal. machine gun, IF it moves only one hex, able to fire its main weapon. Was I delusional or is that part of the game now. The one move only permits firing of the main weapon.
I guess I could go check it out in a test scenario, couldn't I?
WB
Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:05 pm
by drdespair
Screaming Eagles Mega Campaign is that the next one we are waiting for?
Will that be released with the SPWW 8.0? (PS... when is that coming out.. I thought I heard something about it already being delivered to Matrix, awaiting approval... would be nice to know if we will see it soon)
DrD
Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:11 pm
by Wild Bill
Although the body of the MC-SE is ready, some of the artwork and the sound files are not.
Once I have those, it will require some final testing. We as a team want to be very sure that this one works as well as a MC can work within its limitations.
So, without fixing a date, don't look for it as it stands now until some time in November.
It will come. We've worked far too hard to let it go now.
So DrD...she is a beaut! Man, you are going to feel like a paratrooper when you get through with this one! I can say that without hesitation!
Wild Bill
Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:08 am
by Bernie
drdespair wrote:Screaming Eagles Mega Campaign is that the next one we are waiting for?
Will that be released with the SPWW 8.0? (PS... when is that coming out.. I thought I heard something about it already being delivered to Matrix, awaiting approval... would be nice to know if we will see it soon)
DrD
The thing that some folks aren't aware of is that while the 8.0 OOB's have been submitted, there was also a revision of the mech.exe that was being considred. If that is still being done (and I've heard nothing to indicate either way) then that would explain the delay so far. Seems like Matrix might be intending to release everything together, the MC, the new OOB's and a new mech.exe.