Page 1 of 1
Where to find WK2 stuff?
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2001 12:16 am
by RockinHarry
Hi there
I´m looking for good and useful "free and downloadable" stuff about WW2 ground actions in Europe. Especially TM´s and FM´s or
after battle reports. I already know the MHI site. Great!!!
Something like that in english or german language.
Thanx for you help
RockinHarry
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2001 12:21 am
by orc4hire
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2001 12:47 am
by Drake
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2001 2:49 am
by Don
Whoa! Drake and friends come through again! Hold on while I get these bookmarked...
Don
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2001 4:12 am
by Wild Bill
Great on line material. Thanks fellas!
WB
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2001 4:30 am
by jonhooper
Thanks for the information folks. Lots of good reading there. Hey Rockin, what is MHI?
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2001 4:55 am
by orc4hire
Interesting sites, Drake. I think you win on volume, but I'll take comfort in the weight of material online at the CMH. :}
An aside, to the frantic bookmarkers; I've found Powermarks to be handy for bookmarking everything in sight, and finding it again later. It doesn't use the standard 'branching tree' method of filing bookmarks, but keeps everything in one list that can be easily filtered by keywords. You can check it out at
http://www.kaylon.com/power.html
Not affiliated or anything, just thought someone might find it useful.
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2001 4:58 am
by orc4hire
Jon,
I think he means the War College's Military History Institute.
http://carlisle-www.army.mil/usamhi/
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2001 6:50 am
by RockinHarry
Hello
thanx for your help so far.
Yes MHI, the digital library is a great source. Especially the "handbook of german military forces" (x3), i found most useful, although they are huge downloads, about 20-30 megs per chapter. (cause of pdf format)
Very interesting with weapons, doctrine and equipment of the german forces in ww2. Although the information is very basic.
http://carlisle-www.army.mil/usamhi/dl/atoz.htm
I´m looking for similar stuff, from russian
and western allied side. (to download)
Maybe there´s coming more from the "front" ?
From 2:50 AM in germany...
RockinHarry
[This message has been edited by RockinHarry (edited January 23, 2001).]
[This message has been edited by RockinHarry (edited January 23, 2001).]
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2001 7:46 am
by jonhooper
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2001 8:02 pm
by Marcus Wendel
You might also try this site for info on the axis:
http://www.skalman.nu/third-reich/
/Marcus
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2001 8:18 pm
by RockinHarry
Hi Marcus
Great and very useful site.
Thanx a lot. ( also to everyone else )
RockinHarry
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2001 9:08 pm
by BruceAZ_MatrixForum
Thanks for the sites. The one on Kursk is very good.
------------------
"The most important element in war is man. And there are no tougher men than my China Marines." Major Gen. Archer 'Archy' Vandegrift, 1st Marine Division