Simple questions...
Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:39 pm
So, situation of v.8.0 right now? Under works or ready (as someone claimed in other topic)? Any info about possible release date? Size?
Hmm does it mean that only MCSE will include v.8.0? Will Matrix share it without MCSE at all?Resisti wrote:The 8.0 is ready
It will go out at the same time as MCSE( don't know if it will be included in the CD, but it is reasonable to think so).
It should be few weeks now.
Size: unless there will be extra files that I don't know of(like an updated mech.exe) should be around 10/12 MB
I'm sure Bryan Melvin is only waiting to see if any last-minute changes are necessary as the MC goes thru its final testing. AFAIK the OOBs will come out before the MC...unless there's some constraint from Matrix that I'm unaware of.Alby wrote:So why not release the 8.0 update if it is finished??
Well the 8.0 oob upgrade will be a download correct? Whereas the MC will require a purchase, so the 2 will not necessarily require the same resources.drdespair wrote:From what I was able to hear, is that ther OOB for V8 is finished, however there are a few changes that might be included for the mech file which are not yet delivired, and then its realy up to Matrix to release the two, my guess they will release it at the same time as the new MC, just because there isnt realy a point in releasing one and then a week or two later the other, it would involve additional resources.
D.
I can't answer for Matrix, or what their release plans might be for the 8.0 OOB's, but MCSE will require the 8.0 OOB's to display properly. That much is for certain.Alby wrote:Well the 8.0 oob upgrade will be a download correct? Whereas the MC will require a purchase, so the 2 will not necessarily require the same resources.
I had heard the upgrade had already been given to matrix, Just wondering why the silence from matrix?
Or will we have to purchase the MC in order to upgrade to 8.0??
just wonderin.....