Page 1 of 1

New Great Source of Images!

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:15 pm
by drdespair
Wow.. I am impressed.. was able to get the footage of the "Red Devil's crossing the German frontier" on the first try.. :) with SOUND!!

http://www.britishpathe.com/

Previews are full length and free. (with watermark)

Are there any other sources like this, where you can get this kind of footage for free, or for a fee, but online?

Thanks!

D.

PS. at the moment very slow..

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:58 am
by Karnaaj
There's a wide selection of video in the Prelinger Archive section of the Internet Archive. (http://www.archive.org/movies/prelinger.php)(There's a lots of good stuff at the Archive, so dig! <G>) The Library of Congress is offering some items online (http://lcweb.loc.gov/rr/mopic/), but while they *have* lots of material, online and/or free availability is limited. There's also a number of films available at pay-sites online, I disremember the name of the one I saw with lots of WWII-era documentaries and propaganda films... quality unknown, but it's a streaming site, so... <shrug>