Page 1 of 1
SPWAW system requirements
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2001 5:29 am
by USMCGrunt
Just happened to notice that the system requirements for SPWAW are not posted anywhere on the Matrix site. It never really bothered me before because it works on my home system, but the recent thread on laptop recommendations got me thinking about getting a laptop to load the game on when I travel for business. (My IS Dept would lynch me if I loaded it on my work laptop.) I was going to look for a laptop with just about the minimum specs possible to run SPWAW and SPMW (When it comes out.) Might even tinker with it to get SP1 and 2 up and running also. So how about it folks? What are the minimum specs for these games? If anyone can clue me in on where to finds these I'd be pretty grateful.
Thanks
------------------
USMCGrunt
-When it absolutely, positively, has to be destroyed overnight.
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2001 8:34 am
by Don
Here, Grunt:
http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/003876.html
There's guys playing on old laptops so I don't think you'll have a problem getting SPWAW-to-go.
Don
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2001 10:20 am
by USMCGrunt
Thanks Don. The Matrix crew comes through again.
------------------
USMCGrunt
-When it absolutely, positively, has to be destroyed overnight.
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2001 11:25 am
by Anthony_MatrixForum
While on the topic (vaguely)
Has anyone had any luck in getting
SP2 running on NT or win 2000. SP2 seems
to want Dos and I am not too sure if it will run ...
(It didn't seem to when I tried it once, but
that may be related to issues with the VESA drivers.....)
I have gotten it working with win98, using a 'shortcut to msdos program' and disabling the 'windows detection'+'full screen'+'disable screen saver'
any clues for win 2000/NT?
Thanks
Anthony
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2001 12:50 pm
by Thornado
For NT not a clue..
For Win2000, just forget it. Since SP2 is DOS-based and W2000 has dumped the DOS-core it will just not run. Sorry...
------------------
_______________________
Thornado
- You'll never know what hit you -
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2001 7:14 pm
by Arralen
For NT .. just forget it. Since SP2 is DOS-based and NT has dumped the DOS-core it will just not run. Sorry..
Arralen