Page 1 of 1

multiplayer and ram

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2001 5:36 am
by Dagobert
Hi,
I've got a compaq, 233 mhz with only 32mb ram. The game seems to run okay but I haven't tried pbem. Anyone else with older machines want to share their experiences?
thanks

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2001 1:32 pm
by Silvarius
PBEM works very well with 32 mb RAM.

Silvarius.

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2001 3:21 pm
by jaro
I have old P166MMX with 64Mb ram and 20GB Hdd.(I will upgrade very soon :-)
Game runs good just a little problems with moving units when someone see them.I hope it has something with asterisk.
(path 4.6 needed too much :-)
i never played pbem (yet) but who knows everithing could happend's during this year.



------------------
Jaro Jakubov
JAMESON@POST.SK

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2001 6:13 pm
by Arralen
You'll see "unit first, red hex border follows" even on a P3/500 with 128MB RAM Image

So upgrading would help much here, until you go for GHz-CPUs Image

Arralen

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2001 10:52 pm
by Dagobert
Thanks for the prompt and helpful replies I have come to expect from this excellent board!