Page 1 of 1
what is "is" or what is "broken"
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2001 1:48 am
by x6ftundx_slith
I have been playing SPWAW seems like forever but I have always wondered what "Broken" above the flag for the AI means? I figured it just meant that my struggle has turned into a mopping up operation. Does it mean that his morale is worse? he's easier to kill? Do I get better victory points because i've 'broken' him? I never see it on my flag can I be broken?
Commando Solo
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2001 1:51 am
by Larry Holt
Broken is not specified in the manual so we are left to our experiences to figure it out.
It has been mentioned that this means the enemy morale is broken. In games terms his units are more likely to run than fight. I've noticed that the broken designation can come and go.
------------------
An old soldier but not yet a faded one.
OK, maybe just a bit faded.
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2001 1:52 am
by orc4hire
A side is considered broken when a certain percentage (I think it's half, but not sure) of that side's units are destroyed or routed. Morale does seem to suffer, and if one side is broken while the other side holds all the objective hexes the game ends immediately.
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2001 2:25 am
by AmmoSgt
Broken 75% of one sides forces are destroyed retreating or routed if they hold no Vhexes the AI ends the game
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2001 3:37 am
by Windo von Paene
Also, if your force is broken, you will find that your units begin getting supression, even if not fired upon. (At least I noticed this in an earlier version...)