Page 1 of 1
Solitare Game Crashing
Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:41 am
by mborden7
I am newly returned to this genre and am haveing difficulties with a constant game crash while playing the "Luckand the Last Knight" scenerio. It is happening at approxiamtely the 8th turn. does anyone have any ideas as to what I may have done wrong or what a fix might be??
Thank you all in advance.
Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:32 am
by Goblin
I get them sometimes too, dunno why, mebbe someone else does.. Welcome back to the genre, and to the forums.
Goblin
Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:09 am
by Jim1954
There is a persistant bug in Luck and the Last Teutonic Knight which causes a crash around turn 8 or 9, IIRC. Someday Brent said he'd look at it but with so many other irons in the fire, who knows when he might get around to it. My advice, just don't play that particular scenario. The rest of those he created around April 45 or so are fine.
Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:16 pm
by john g
mborden7 wrote:I am newly returned to this genre and am haveing difficulties with a constant game crash while playing the "Luckand the Last Knight" scenerio. It is happening at approxiamtely the 8th turn. does anyone have any ideas as to what I may have done wrong or what a fix might be??
Thank you all in advance.
If you search the forum, we found the problem with this one last year when the question was last asked. As I recall it involved a unit with a weapon slot that pointed to a weapon that no longer existed, or it may have been one of the scenarios with a unit with 0 morale. There is a scenario with Yugos that has a similar problem as well.
thanks, John.
Unfortunate...
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:15 am
by Orzel Bialy
the scenario suffers from a flaw that makes the game crash which is indeed unfortunate because up until the critical failure turn the game is very good.
Maybe one day someone will have the time (if Brent doesn't) to get the low down on the exact flaw and mend it.

Let's solve this problem
Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:11 am
by Major Destruction
When you replay the turn in which the scenario crashes, does it crash dependent on the movement, fire or destruction (love that word!) of a particular unit? Or is there some consistent problem with a map terrain tile?
Can you give any clue to the problem. I have played this scenario since reading your post to turn 14 with no crash. It's not over yet.
One possible problem is that the Soviet side has no A0 unit but I can not find any unit with 0 morale and no nonexistant weapon.