Page 1 of 1

the unbalanced force selection of the AI

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 9:48 pm
by lynx_rattle
Hi,

I just upgraded to H2H, and noticed that AI now selects it's forces differently. (Soviets now take 203mm OB arty instead of 76.2mm OB arty)

So it seems like there is a way of modifying AI's selection routines. Anyone have an idea how I could change those routines :confused: I would like to see AI selecting it's forces a bit more historically accurately. So that they wouldn't be left without key supporting elements like ATG's when defending against an armored assault :)

And I would like to see some 81mm and 120mm mortars in the game as well... After all, weren't mortars the worst killers of the war (At least in the heavily forested Soviet-Finnish front)? Besides, didn't an infantry company during WW2 pretty much anywhere and at any times have a 60 or 81 mm mortar section attached to them? So that would be some support no matter what the circumstances.

Thanks,
Harri

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:24 am
by tracer
Turning 'rarity' off usually improves the AI's pick routine. Since rarity is really there to prevent human players from selecting unreasonable numbers of unlikely units you just have to 'police' yourself.

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:16 pm
by lynx_rattle
Thanx tracer!

I'll try that one.

Harri