Page 1 of 1
Playing SPWaW, is there a Eben Emael scenerio
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2001 9:35 pm
by SSgt Matt
Just read the book, "the fall of Eben Emael" by Mrazek. Has any one found a scenerio of this critical battle in the scenerio lists?
Thanks
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2001 10:22 pm
by waynef
Oh yeah, this would be great with SPW@W. I would love to see this scen done.
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2001 1:15 am
by Wild Bill
I did one in SP1 and another in SPWW2.
I haven't done anything with it in SPWAW. I think it is a great idea with gliders that land for you.
Please do it.
Wild Bill
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2001 2:13 am
by Toey
That's amazing. I just got a book from the Library about Airborne ops in WW2. The first chapter was about Eben Emael. They guys went into detail, even knowing most of the troopers names.
This would make a great battle me thinks!
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2001 8:41 pm
by SSgt Matt
I did a rough version on the old SP1, but could not use the glider troops. All I could do was position the men(engineers) on various spots of the "Fort". I just downloaded the SPwaw4, let me get used to it and find more sources of the battle and I try it again.
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2001 9:26 pm
by waynef
Anyone know where we can gather some data on this fight. I have made a crude scen of this to test gliders and my primitive map making ability. Now I would like to get OOB's if possible.
------------------
"At My Signal...Unleash Hell"
Thanks, Wayne
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2001 11:42 pm
by SSgt Matt
I searched yahoo with just eben emael, got a whole list of sites. the two bests are:
www.fort-eben-emael.be/
or
http://members@aol.com/RAWargamer/ebenemael.htm
The aol one has a good overall fort picture. the first one has fantastic info on the type weapons and positions.
Originally posted by waynef:
Anyone know where we can gather some data on this fight. I have made a crude scen of this to test gliders and my primitive map making ability. Now I would like to get OOB's if possible.
Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2001 5:25 am
by Warrior
I was thought of this post when I found a scenario with that name on the SPWaW "Browse all scenarios" page. I've downloaded it, but haven't played it, nor am I familiar with the battle. It's very possible it's from an earlier version of the game, and would need a quick trip to the editor to bring it into 4.5. (I've done that quite often: just change the weather, save, then change back, and it works great.)
[This message has been edited by REMF (edited February 06, 2001).]
Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2001 6:44 am
by waynef
REMF, thanks for the tip.
You were right on:
"Paving the Way" by Panzermeyer, for SPW@W v2.0, Rated 4 Stars
Downloaded and will check it out now.

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2001 11:34 am
by Randy
SSgt Matt, two new books you might want to check out:Hitler's Sky Warriors by Christopher Ailsby, and German Paratroopers,
by Chris Mcnab. Both are good books with good info on the Eben Emael operation. The photos and narrative info are good. Good luck
on your scenario.
Semper Fi
Randy
Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2001 6:37 pm
by waynef
Just played "Paving the Way"
Decisive German Victory 5540 Pts
94 Germans KIA
Belgian Losses (224 Pts Crushing Loss)
889 Brave Belgians KIA
23 Arty losses
3 Soft vehicles
3 APC
8 AFV
2 Aircraft
This Scen has a great map. Well done Scen by Panzermeyer.
------------------
"At My Signal...Unleash Hell"
Thanks, Wayne
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2001 3:41 am
by SSgt Matt
ok, how does one download?
I got it downloaded and unzipped it, now what....I know I am a rock...but anyway
I have 3 files, a scenerio cmt, a scenerio dat and a read me file.
Help
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2001 4:01 am
by waynef
1) The Scen came with a Scen number, Scen110.dat, etc
2)Check you SPW@W/Scen folder to make sure you dont already have a Scen with that number. Check for an open scen slot.
3)If the Scen you downloaded does not conflict with an existing Scen in your folder you can simply move the 3 files to your Scen folder.
4) If the Scen you download has the same number as one in your folder you will need to Rename the 3 files to a NEW unused Scen slot.
Example:
If I download a scen that is Scen110.dat, Scen110.cmt and Scen 110.txt and it doesnt conflict with an existing scen, move the 3 files to your Scen folder.
Hope this helps
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2001 3:34 am
by SSgt Matt
What type of units should I use in desiging this scenerio? I have tried to use eng. that have satchel and flame throwers. But the forts resist all attacks, and game does not equip the men with shaped charges.