Page 1 of 1

Looking to kick arse and take names...

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:06 am
by PanzerDog
Okay, that may be mildly optimistic. :)

I'm not entirely new to SPWAW, but I've been away for a bit, and never played against a human opponent. Just got the H2H thing set up. It's pretty cool against the AI, with the tougher sighting and what not, but I'd like to play a PBEM or Online game against an opponent.

Drop me a line, or reply here, I check a couple of times daily at least.

My prefs are to play Germans or Brits, but I'll take a crack at anything.

The PanzerDog.

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:50 pm
by sandman20
I haven't played awhile and I think it's time to step to the battlefields again.
This is my proposal:

H2Hfr PBEM:

Germany (you) against Brits (me)
December 1944
Large map
25 turns
Meeting engagement
visibility 15 - 30
Weather clear
1 airstrike
No mines except engineers layed
6000 points, 10% to artillery
max 2 platoons of infiltrators
All options On except C&C

What do you think PanzerDog?I'm open to other proposals as well if you want to make one.

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:58 pm
by PanzerDog
That sounds good to me.

Two questions, prompted by reading some other threads here.

First, how do we define infiltrators, and second, does arty include organic baby mortars and such? Although by 44, that should be less of a problem then previous.

But I'm eager to play, whenever we can get started.

Can you set it up?

My email addy is morwyld@netscape.net

The PanzerDog

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 11:39 pm
by sandman20
Allright then, I'll make setup and post it to you later.

You can try to infiltrate max two platoons of special forces, although you can purchase more than two platoons.
Light mortars within the infantry platoons etc. are not included in that 10%, you can buy them as much as you want.
Just ask if you want to know something more :)

RE: Looking to kick arse and take names...

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:55 pm
by VikingNo2
Didn;t we have a game going, we could start a new one Mr Dog

RE: Looking to kick arse and take names...

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:24 pm
by PanzerDog
Yeah, we did indeed. I have had a bit of technical difficulty...but I do have SPWAW 8.1 downloaded and installed again. If you'd like to give it another try, I'm up for it.

I haven't got HTH yet..I got the impression they are working on a new version, was just gonna wait till it comes out.

What kind of scenario you have in mind?

Dog

RE: Looking to kick arse and take names...

Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:36 am
by VikingNo2
you choice[8D]

RE: Looking to kick arse and take names...

Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:46 am
by Cavman 3/2 ACR
and if you still have not enough I will take you on

RE: Looking to kick arse and take names...

Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:18 am
by PanzerDog
What sort of game you looking for Cavman?

RE: Looking to kick arse and take names...

Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:22 am
by PanzerDog
How about this, Viking?

Brit(Canadian?) vs. Germans (you pick which you play
10% Arty/Air
No paradrops
5 Infiltrators Max
Western Europe, Aug 44 (
3000-6000 points

Set it up, send it to danielansell@sbcglobal.net

RE: Looking to kick arse and take names...

Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:41 am
by Frank W.
hello

i would play a game also !

brits or ger would be okay.

max. 4000 points, max. 25 turns,large map.

all other prefs like posted by sandman.

rarety off if possible ...but
agree on not buying only "wonder weapons"
like sturmtigers, panther uhu or huge rockets!

ps: 7.1 H2H fr.

RE: Looking to kick arse and take names...

Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:43 pm
by Cavman 3/2 ACR
looking for a good opponant, who can last longer then 10 turns :-)
the game does not matter. I play the americans mostly and have played most people here. your prefs or I could set up a mid size game you tell the side and restrictions
3/2 ACR

RE: Looking to kick arse and take names...

Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:28 pm
by PanzerDog
Well, I will do my best to stumble along past ten turns...might even last to 11 or so with tremendous luck. hehe

Let's do Americans and Germans in 43, say?

Otherwise you set it up...

I've always been fond of the Italian Campaign, it's never seemed to see a lot of gaming.

Well, outside of some nice scenarios here, of course

Email: danielansell@sbcglobal.net

Go ahead and set it up, and we can see where we get.

RE: Looking to kick arse and take names...

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:49 am
by Cavman 3/2 ACR
Viking you still up for a game email is kstsurvey@cox.net

RE: Looking to kick arse and take names...

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:58 am
by VikingNo2
Hay caveman, did you used to have another handle, I believe I reconize the email address ?

Plus what are you terms my good man

RE: Looking to kick arse and take names...

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:26 am
by Cavman 3/2 ACR
my handle has always had 3/2 ACR in it just the first part is new my old account was no good couldnt log in and instead of bitching it was easy start a new account.
Rick 3/2 ACR

RE: Looking to kick arse and take names...

Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:07 pm
by VikingNo2
PanzerDog becareful with Caveman he does use a club. [;)]

RE: Looking to kick arse and take names...

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:52 pm
by PanzerDog
Heh...used a pretty similar force composition fighting him as used with you, with some variation for date. We seem to have successfully ground each other into mulch...and reinforcements are incoming for both sides.