Page 1 of 1

True Armour & Wrong Slope

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 5:45 pm
by NiitakaYamaNobora
I have noticed that the american tanks have better features than the truth. For example the real WW2 Sherman tank haved a front hull of 51 or 64 mm depending from the version, apart from the heavy Jumbo version, but in SPWAW almost all the Sherman versions haved a front hull of 97 or 103mm. Why this ?
I haved noticed too that if i edit a tank and after i try examine it clicking on the spacebar the slope datas are different from the datas that i have putted in. This is a bug ? How i can eliminate this bug ?

RE: True Armour & Wrong Slope

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:59 am
by john g
I just checked v7.1 (thats what is on this machine v8.1 is on another) and hull armor values are correct. Are you sure that you aren't confusing turret armor values for hull values? The turret front for a Sherman was indeed something like 100+ mm (averaging in gun mantlet etc).

How are you editing the data? Are you dumping to an exel sheet and editing there and then importing the data, or are you using the small unit editor that comes with the game, or some other utility?

I just booted up v8.1 on the other machine and the M4 indeed shows 51mm front hull and 95mm front turret. I am guessing you are using some editor that is scrambling the numbers.
thanks, John.

RE: True Armour & Wrong Slope

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:29 pm
by Belisarius
I just checked 8.01

Front armor ratings for Shermans:

M4 Sherman: 51mm
M4A1: 51mm
M4A1(76W): 72mm
M4A3: 51mm
M4A3(75W): 64mm
M4A3(76W): 64mm
M4 Jumbo: 115mm
M4A3E8: 79mm

So it seems correct to me. Sure you didn't look at the turret values?