Page 1 of 1

Some maps not working in 8.0

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:14 am
by Jamminji
Hi everyone... sure glad to see this board back up! Thanks to all those that got it up!

Now to my quetion. I was trying to set up a generated PBEM battle using the "Paris" city map that comes with 8.0 and 7.1 set to random VHs. I played this map/battle in 7.1 and it works fine, but in 8.0 the left side deployment is not there and the left side player can not deploy at all. All the units are there at the edge of the screen but can not be deployed any farther then the first hex. I then started loading other maps and found that others had the same problem. Some maps worked fine but others had the same deployment problem. I thought it might be something to do with you made the map but I noticed that it did not seem to matter who made them, some worked and others did not regadless of creator.

Anyone else see this problem? Pleae if someone coudl set up a "Paris " map game and see if they get the same problem.


thanks in advance,
jam

RE: Some maps not working in 8.0

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:20 pm
by john g
I get the same problem if loaded as play as designed or random vic, if set to random both it works correctly.
thanks, John.