Page 1 of 1
AI Called Shots
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:46 pm
by Gukal
Hi all [:)]
I've advanced my main team to Veteran.
As my called shots dramatically improve, I'm beginning to wonder whether the AI will also begin using called shots so effectively.
If so, I'm definitely going to devote more mech space to defensive equipment that keeps their "to hit %" below the called shot threshold.
Will the AI realize that my head is hanging on by a thread and call a shot?
Many thanks for your replies [:D]
Gukal, mighty Troll of Dismemberment
RE: AI Called Shots
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:09 pm
by Thorgrim
According to the Guide, "The AI is able to see the weak points of armor with a scan and take advantage of it. The computer can use the called shot tactic if one of your limbs is nearly destroyed."
RE: AI Called Shots
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:35 pm
by Gukal
Gotcha [:)] but what is the real skinny on this?
I see from the Guide that they can ... but do they really? In your experience, do Elite pilots routinely blast off your weak points with precision? Or do you never find out because your always dodging with ECM and shields at maximum? [8D]
Would you be afraid to take your preciously cultivated team against an even squad of Aces? [X(]
RE: AI Called Shots
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:04 pm
by Thorgrim
Well, I don't see the AI much differently than any human player.

RE: AI Called Shots
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:37 pm
by Sleeping_Dragon
ORIGINAL: Gukal
I see from the Guide that they can ... but do they really? In your experience, do Elite pilots routinely blast off your weak points with precision? Or do you never find out because your always dodging with ECM and shields at maximum? [8D]
Would you be afraid to take your preciously cultivated team against an even squad of Aces? [X(]
Oh yea.. they really do! If the AI gets a good scan and you have a weak spot and you're not making it difficult to hit.. they will start poking away at it. I notice it quite a bit when I get in a good firing position and am not moving and they get in a good range for thier weapons. In particular they seem to really go after red torsos (probably because the 'to hit' mods for the torsos aren't as bad as other locations, although I've had them go after a head every once in a while). When you get in this type of position you had better be dodging or using shields or they can eat you up in a hurry. ECM is also very nice to have as it lowers the chance they can get a good scan on you.
As far as being 'scared' agianst going agianst elites... naaa. Just play smart

and adapt to the situation.