Download Advice Needed
Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2001 4:57 am
I'm trying to download SPWaW to my computer (Windows NT) at work.
The first time I downloaded everything except for the last 17kbs, then it stopped downloading. When I "cancelled" the rest of the download (the only option I have on my download window is 'cancel') the stuff I had already downloaded was deleted as well!
I've tried it again with a similar result. I've downloaded 344MB. I have downloaded 352,204kb of 352,257kb -- I can see the SPWaW file on my hard drive but I can't open it because "another program is using this file." The download window is still open, but it has been showing 53kb remaining for the last 12 hours - so I'm not optimistic that the download will complete by itself.
I suspect that if I close/cancel the download, it will again erase the 344MB file I already have. I've tried GetRight, but that doesn't function on my system at work. Do I have any other options?
The first time I downloaded everything except for the last 17kbs, then it stopped downloading. When I "cancelled" the rest of the download (the only option I have on my download window is 'cancel') the stuff I had already downloaded was deleted as well!
I've tried it again with a similar result. I've downloaded 344MB. I have downloaded 352,204kb of 352,257kb -- I can see the SPWaW file on my hard drive but I can't open it because "another program is using this file." The download window is still open, but it has been showing 53kb remaining for the last 12 hours - so I'm not optimistic that the download will complete by itself.
I suspect that if I close/cancel the download, it will again erase the 344MB file I already have. I've tried GetRight, but that doesn't function on my system at work. Do I have any other options?