Page 1 of 1

Carrier Strike

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 2:39 am
by mrpba
I was Just wondering if Carrier Strike was going to be re-done. I played that until Pacwar came out. Spent many an hour divebombing Japanese Carriers......

Charlie

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 5:13 am
by sapperland
I played this game Hot-Seat style. The best game for its day. When the other player was up, you had to wait out of sight of the monitor, but you could still hear the planes taking off from carriers and you would wonder is that an attack force heading for my fleet or just one plane out to scout. Anyways, I lost this game some years ago :-( . I would like to see a remake on this with current programing graphics and tcp/ip.

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2000 7:13 am
by Greybear
Originally posted by sapperland:
I played this game Hot-Seat style. The best game for its day. When the other player was up, you had to wait out of sight of the monitor, but you could still hear the planes taking off from carriers and you would wonder is that an attack force heading for my fleet or just one plane out to scout. Anyways, I lost this game some years ago :-( . I would like to see a remake on this with current programing graphics and tcp/ip.
If you like old games, try www.theunderdogs.org
I am dl a oldie now.
Glenn

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2000 7:57 pm
by mogami
When I first got Carrier Strike and new Pac War was being designed I thought Pac War battles would be fought Al la Carrier Strike,
If you look inside the program for Carrier Strike there are a lot of things that are not actually used in the game (leaders, land units ect) A friend of mine hotseated many campaign games as the US versus my IJN and it stayed on my computer from the day I brought it home from the store till now. Another wonderfull game by my favorite designer GG.

------------------
I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a differant direction!