Page 1 of 3

The Rules (please read this before posting)

Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:44 pm
by KG Erwin
All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Matrix Games Forums or ASP Playground (developers of the forum software) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

Although the administrators and moderators of the Matrix Games Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. Please use the report button, IM, PM or email the admins to bring it to attention. The forum policies apply to ALL of the Matrix forums and all forum users. There is to be no spamming, trolling, personal insults, vulgarity, bigotry, profanity or porn. Inappropriate language or conduct can lead to a short vacation or outright dismissal from Matrix. All topics and behavior that is deemed unsuitable or improper will be locked with an explanation given as to why.

RE: The Rules (please read this before posting)

Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:08 pm
by harlekwin
ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

I previously stated that I won't tolerate any rude or offensive behavior, but let me elaborate.
With David & Shaun's support, I will try to maintain standards of conduct that are not restrictive in voicing one's opinions, but unfortunately some folks like to take advantage of this.
I WILL exercise my right to wield "The Hammer of the Mods", if a post is deemed inappropriate, tries to start a flame war, or is just generally obnoxious in tone or content.
If a posting meets this criteria, it may very well be replaced by a message from me saying "Deleted or edited for inappropriate content".
I don't want to resort to this, but don't try to test me just to see how far you can go.
Glenn



I sure am glad that they have vested this power in someone so calm, reasoned, and deliberate. It worried me to no end that all kinds of tomfoolery would go on unabated. Luckily I can rest a LOT easier now.

Keep up the good work.

regards,
sven

p.s. "it just feels right"

RE: The Rules (please read this before posting)

Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:09 pm
by Rune Iversen
ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

I previously stated that I won't tolerate any rude or offensive behavior, but let me elaborate.
With David & Shaun's support, I will try to maintain standards of conduct that are not restrictive in voicing one's opinions, but unfortunately some folks like to take advantage of this.
I WILL exercise my right to wield "The Hammer of the Mods", if a post is deemed inappropriate, tries to start a flame war, or is just generally obnoxious in tone or content.
If a posting meets this criteria, it may very well be replaced by a message from me saying "Deleted or edited for inappropriate content".
I don't want to resort to this, but don't try to test me just to see how far you can go.
Glenn

Wow [;)]

RE: The Rules (please read this before posting)

Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:10 pm
by harlekwin
ORIGINAL: Rune Iversen
ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

I previously stated that I won't tolerate any rude or offensive behavior, but let me elaborate.
With David & Shaun's support, I will try to maintain standards of conduct that are not restrictive in voicing one's opinions, but unfortunately some folks like to take advantage of this.
I WILL exercise my right to wield "The Hammer of the Mods", if a post is deemed inappropriate, tries to start a flame war, or is just generally obnoxious in tone or content.
If a posting meets this criteria, it may very well be replaced by a message from me saying "Deleted or edited for inappropriate content".
I don't want to resort to this, but don't try to test me just to see how far you can go.
Glenn

Wow [;)]


I guess this means that "Tea for matilda" and "croissants for the char" were not well recieved rune.

RE: The Rules (please read this before posting)

Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:13 pm
by Rune Iversen
ORIGINAL: harlekwin
ORIGINAL: Rune Iversen
ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

I previously stated that I won't tolerate any rude or offensive behavior, but let me elaborate.
With David & Shaun's support, I will try to maintain standards of conduct that are not restrictive in voicing one's opinions, but unfortunately some folks like to take advantage of this.
I WILL exercise my right to wield "The Hammer of the Mods", if a post is deemed inappropriate, tries to start a flame war, or is just generally obnoxious in tone or content.
If a posting meets this criteria, it may very well be replaced by a message from me saying "Deleted or edited for inappropriate content".
I don't want to resort to this, but don't try to test me just to see how far you can go.
Glenn

Wow [;)]


I guess this means that "Tea for matilda" and "croissants for the char" were not well recieved rune.

Apparently not [;)]

RE: The Rules (please read this before posting)

Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:15 pm
by harlekwin
ORIGINAL: Rune Iversen
ORIGINAL: harlekwin
ORIGINAL: Rune Iversen



Wow [;)]


I guess this means that "Tea for matilda" and "croissants for the char" were not well recieved rune.

Apparently not [;)]



Don't make him bust out Mjolnir Rune.

We better scamper back to the AoW stat and let the grown-ups do their "research".

regards,
sven

RE: The Rules (please read this before posting)

Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:18 pm
by Rune Iversen
ORIGINAL: harlekwin
ORIGINAL: Rune Iversen
ORIGINAL: harlekwin




I guess this means that "Tea for matilda" and "croissants for the char" were not well recieved rune.

Apparently not [;)]



Don't make him bust out Mjolnir Rune.

We better scamper back to the AoW stat and lt the grown-ups do their "research".

rehards,
sven

Yeah, I still need to stop WAPA before they reach the Rhine.

RE: The Rules (please read this before posting)

Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:30 pm
by Goblin
Lucky for you guys he didn't outlaw sarcasm...[:'(]

This does sound very ominous and threatening, KG. I haven't seen the behavior you are describing. Perhaps you can give us an example of what would 'bring down the hammer'?


Goblin[&:]

RE: The Rules (please read this before posting)

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:25 am
by Goblin
My bad. He did outlaw sarcasm.

[&:]


Goblin

RE: The Rules (please read this before posting)

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:29 am
by KG Erwin

RE: The Rules (please read this before posting)

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:30 am
by Goblin
I was hoping for a bit more of an answer to my question than a smiley with a mallet. Thanks.


Goblin- A Goblin hopes this isn't deleted for sarcasm[:(]

RE: The Rules (please read this before posting)

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:36 am
by harlekwin
ORIGINAL: Goblin

I was hoping for a bit more of an answer to my question than a smiley with a mallet. Thanks.


Goblin- A Goblin hopes this isn't deleted for sarcasm[:(]



Well not all sarcasm is seen equally.

No offense.

By the way, "croissants for the char" WILL be made.....

RE: The Rules (please read this before posting)

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:42 am
by Rune Iversen
ORIGINAL: harlekwin
ORIGINAL: Goblin

I was hoping for a bit more of an answer to my question than a smiley with a mallet. Thanks.


Goblin- A Goblin hopes this isn't deleted for sarcasm[:(]



Well not all sarcasm is seen equally.

No offense.

By the way, "croissants for the char" WILL be made.....

As will the complimentary "Tea for the Matilda" [:)]

RE: The Rules (please read this before posting)

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:50 am
by KG Erwin
OK, I look forward to seeing these new wonder weapons in upcoming scenarios. [>:]

RE: The Rules (please read this before posting)

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:55 am
by harlekwin
ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

OK, I look forward to seeing these new wonder weapons in upcoming scenarios. [>:]



hey they are at least as realistic as the Kittens in "Paws of the Tiger".....

I mean we just want 'balance' and 'a truer grasp of the WW2 experience".....

MegaCampaign: breakfast at tiffany's is THE future.....

-keke: Is this the reason why we have now Tiger Is with 16-26% more AP PEN than historically, and also with 52% more Accuracy, which is quite questionable.

RE: The Rules (please read this before posting)

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:36 am
by Goblin
ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

OK, I look forward to seeing these new wonder weapons in upcoming scenarios. [>:]


I would like to report this post and have it deleted for sarcasm, please.


Goblin

RE: The Rules (please read this before posting)

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:56 am
by Jeff Norton
ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

I previously stated that I won't tolerate any rude or offensive behavior, but let me elaborate.
With David & Shaun's support, I will try to maintain standards of conduct that are not restrictive in voicing one's opinions, but unfortunately some folks like to take advantage of this.
I WILL exercise my right to wield "The Hammer of the Mods", if a post is deemed inappropriate, tries to start a flame war, or is just generally obnoxious in tone or content.
If a posting meets this criteria, it may very well be replaced by a message from me saying "Deleted or edited for inappropriate content".
I don't want to resort to this, but don't try to test me just to see how far you can go.
Glenn
Haven't seen this kind of editorial 'power' since NYT or Pravda....

God help us all...

RE: The Rules (please read this before posting)

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:08 am
by KG Erwin
Sorry, Jeff, this isn't AoW.

RE: The Rules (please read this before posting)

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:11 am
by harlekwin
ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

Sorry, Jeff, this isn't AoW.



It isn't the spwaw forum of any recent sane era either.

Guess the skin got thin lately regarding valid OOB queries....

RE: The Rules (please read this before posting)

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:20 am
by Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Once upon a time Steel Panthers created a major rift with two groups. It was unfortunate then, and it would be unfortunate if it happens again.

Come on guys, we need to stop letting our feelings about what is really just a computer program, generate sore feelings amongst people that would rather remain one group of people that are essentially similar to the point of being identical people.

I have not read the great wealth of posts that seem at the core of these feelings that I seem to be seeing at the edges of the scope. But it does appear clear we are having an increasing number of long time forum members stalking off angrily.

I don't see any gain in divisive actions.