Page 1 of 1

Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:36 am
by KG Erwin
When I wrote Bill last, he told me he was down with another bug, which has been infecting many of us off and on for months. Let's all wish our favorite father-figure and SPWaW scenario-designer emeritus a speedy recovery. Best wishes to you, Bill, with love & respect.
Glenn

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:49 am
by FlashfyreSP
[X(]
OH NO!

Say it aint so, KG.

<sniff>

Get well soon, WB. There are lots of battles that need done...

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:55 am
by Orzel Bialy
OK...I'll post for this good cause. [;)]

Kunel, I hope you get to feeling better real soon. If it's the same bug that got me earlier in the week...then I know you are not feeling your best.

Get plenty of rest...cook up some chicken soup...and we'll see you when you're back to 100%. [:)]

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:12 am
by harlekwin
ORIGINAL: FlashfyreSP

[X(]
OH NO!

Say it aint so, KG.

<sniff>

Get well soon, WB. There are lots of battles that need done...



beer get well soon Bill we need more work, and you need to spend time with you grandchildren and great grands IIRC.

regards,
sven

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:16 am
by Tombstone
I'm sick with the flu myself... half my team is laid out with it (or they're ditching!). Get well, there's much wargaming to attend to.

Tomo

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:43 am
by rich12545
Yeah, get some chicken soup - It's often called Jewish penicillin but it really works.

Get well soon.

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:03 am
by Kevin E. Duguay
The Flu Sucks!! I had it on and off for so long I never thought it would end!![:@] But it did.[:D] Get well soon Bill, Drink plenty of fluids, rest when you can, and well ,just take care of yourself!! Now get some shut eye.[>:]

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:35 am
by Igor
Those dirty rhinoviruses. Give them a sound thrashing, then send them packing. That'll teach them not to mess with a wargamer.

Failing that, do the rest & fluids thing. That works too.

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:44 am
by Wild Bill
Gentlemen! Thank you!

It has taken a week but I'm on the mend. Funny, I had my flu shot this year. I wonder if that gives the flu a head start! [:@]

This one really leveled me. I was so sick last Sunday night that one of those phone nurses told me to go to the emergency room. I told her I was so weak, I could not get up and go.
"That is what 911 is for!" she quietly replied.

But I did not call. And I survived. Thanks for all of your concern. I'm sure that is one of the principal reasons I am better.

And Gunny H., I appreciate this note more than you know.

I'll take your advice, Sven. I plan to do some of that this weekend. Those of you still enduring this malady, I wish you a quick recovery. For those who are like me, on the mend, I'm glad that you are improving.

And I've been chattering like the old fart that I am, so enough. My thanks to all of you!

Look for another Saving Private Ryan in the next few weeks. This one is the opening of the movie, Dog Green Sector, Omaha...bloody Omaha. It's being tested now.

WB

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:04 am
by Belisarius
Good to hear you're recuperating, Kunel. [:)]

Take the time you need, we won't go anywhere. [;)]

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:45 am
by Jim1954
It has taken a week but I'm on the mend. Funny, I had my flu shot this year. I wonder if that gives the flu a head start!

If you read the da*n fine print what they don't tell you is that they are GUESSING which strain of the flu is gonna hit and they cook up a bunch of vaccine for that. That was 6 mos ago, then a different strain gets you and you are screwed.

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:52 pm
by Warrior2
ORIGINAL: Jim1954
It has taken a week but I'm on the mend. Funny, I had my flu shot this year. I wonder if that gives the flu a head start!

If you read the da*n fine print what they don't tell you is that they are GUESSING which strain of the flu is gonna hit and they cook up a bunch of vaccine for that. That was 6 mos ago, then a different strain gets you and you are screwed.

The vaccines are tailored for the particular flu strain that first shows up in the Orient. Since the flu generally travels from there, this is a good idea that usually works. But as you say, there is the possibility of other strains showing up for which no vaccine was developed. It should be noted that what most prople call flu actually isn't. The "real" flu is a respiratory infection, but most of us will call anything that gets us sick the "flu." I'm convinced that taking lots of vitamin supplements, particularly vit C & E to boost your immune system, is the best way to avoid getting sick - and if you do get sick it will pass very quickly (like overnight). This has been my experience in the past. Now grandchildren have come into my life, and I get sick all the time from those little plague carriers. [:@]

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:27 pm
by Jim1954
W, that's so encouraging.[:(] My first grand kid is due in June.[:D]

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:17 pm
by Charles2222
ORIGINAL: Wild Bill

Gentlemen! Thank you!

It has taken a week but I'm on the mend. Funny, I had my flu shot this year. I wonder if that gives the flu a head start! [:@]

This one really leveled me. I was so sick last Sunday night that one of those phone nurses told me to go to the emergency room. I told her I was so weak, I could not get up and go.
"That is what 911 is for!" she quietly replied.

But I did not call. And I survived. Thanks for all of your concern. I'm sure that is one of the principal reasons I am better.

And Gunny H., I appreciate this note more than you know.

I'll take your advice, Sven. I plan to do some of that this weekend. Those of you still enduring this malady, I wish you a quick recovery. For those who are like me, on the mend, I'm glad that you are improving.

And I've been chattering like the old fart that I am, so enough. My thanks to all of you!

Look for another Saving Private Ryan in the next few weeks. This one is the opening of the movie, Dog Green Sector, Omaha...bloody Omaha. It's being tested now.

WB

Do get well.

From my lack of expertise in the field of flus, I tell you that I stopped taking shots some time ago. As long as I take shots I get sick. They claim they give you a very weakened strain, but some full strength strians get out through that very process because of lab problems or what not.

They say when you get up in years as you are, that the shot is the better thing to do, but I don't know if I'll be able to stomach a virtually automatic flu by taking one by the time I get a bit more up in years. I haven't had a flu in a couple of years. I think it's a good idea, to try some prevention, such as trying to bolster a heavier vitamin load, combined with at least sleeping as much as we 'plan to' and also maybe drinking at least a half glass of water more a day, during the susceptible flu period.

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Posted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:57 am
by Major_Johnson
Some years ago, I took pre-nursing courses. One of the courses was Microbiology, a bear of a course believe me!! But it was my favorite. I learned allot. And one of the things my professor said was this. Flu viruses are different every year, they're never the same, they keep changing. The most current flu shot is always derived from last years flu virus. He also said that they were basically useless. So you can take that for what's it worth. Personally, I've never taken a flu shot myself.

Hope your feel better WB!!!

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Posted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:16 am
by Charles2222
No wonder they're often available for free [;)]

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Posted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:13 am
by tracer
Two in one season?![X(]
I should have known you'd try to out-do everyone.[:D]
Get better fast bud.

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Posted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:08 pm
by Alby
Get well soon Bill