Para Assault
Posted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:42 pm
Forgive me for posting an AA:RDOA AAR here - nowhere else for it to go.
Para Assault – AAR
Allied Unit – 1st Para Bde
Duration - 1 Day 7 Hours
Orders Delay - Realistic
Weather - Historical
Reinforcements - Axis - Standard | Allies – Standard
Supply - Axis – Historical | Allies – Historical
Previous AARs - Drive on Loenen (12hrs)
My second AAR.
Objectives are
secure Arnhem bridge 86
secure the railway bridge 43
destroy the enemy 29
I’m going to send 3rd Para Bn down the south road towards Hartenstein. 1st and 2nd Para Bns will head east before turning north, cross the railway and attack Arnhem from the north west. Hopefully 3rd Para Bn will act as a ruse and pull out some of the Arnhem occupiers. We’ll see.
Day 1
Time 14:29
My unit has arrived. A full strength 1st Para Bde. As detailed above, I will detach 3rd Para Bn and send them south east along the road to Hartenstein and probe Arnhem from the west. The rest of the 1st Para Bde will head north east and attack Arnhem from the north west.
3rd Para Bn is set to maximum aggro and low losses – they are only to probe at the moment – and besides, when they make contact and break off, they may drag some over eager young German commander and his unit out of Arnhem.
The rest of the 1st Para Bde are set to low aggro and max losses – they just need to get in position at the moment – although I’m not expecting any trouble here.
It’s 15:03 before 3rd Para Bn move out. 15:12 and the rest of the Bde are on the move. Now the lull before the storm!!
I tried to post a pic, but it wasn't successful in uploading - so - sorry. If admins could look at this, I'd appreciate it.
Para Assault – AAR
Allied Unit – 1st Para Bde
Duration - 1 Day 7 Hours
Orders Delay - Realistic
Weather - Historical
Reinforcements - Axis - Standard | Allies – Standard
Supply - Axis – Historical | Allies – Historical
Previous AARs - Drive on Loenen (12hrs)
My second AAR.
Objectives are
secure Arnhem bridge 86
secure the railway bridge 43
destroy the enemy 29
I’m going to send 3rd Para Bn down the south road towards Hartenstein. 1st and 2nd Para Bns will head east before turning north, cross the railway and attack Arnhem from the north west. Hopefully 3rd Para Bn will act as a ruse and pull out some of the Arnhem occupiers. We’ll see.
Day 1
Time 14:29
My unit has arrived. A full strength 1st Para Bde. As detailed above, I will detach 3rd Para Bn and send them south east along the road to Hartenstein and probe Arnhem from the west. The rest of the 1st Para Bde will head north east and attack Arnhem from the north west.
3rd Para Bn is set to maximum aggro and low losses – they are only to probe at the moment – and besides, when they make contact and break off, they may drag some over eager young German commander and his unit out of Arnhem.
The rest of the 1st Para Bde are set to low aggro and max losses – they just need to get in position at the moment – although I’m not expecting any trouble here.
It’s 15:03 before 3rd Para Bn move out. 15:12 and the rest of the Bde are on the move. Now the lull before the storm!!
I tried to post a pic, but it wasn't successful in uploading - so - sorry. If admins could look at this, I'd appreciate it.