Recon Titan Design Bundle
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:25 pm
I think I spend more time at the Factory Module than in any other module of ToS:WS. I like to challenge myself to make designs that make all the green LEDs on the pinboard light up. This is usually hardest to do in the Recon class...
Anyway, I haven't had enough time to battle test all of my designs but here are a few designs that I'm quite happy with... I uploaded them to my website due to the inability to attach zip files to the forum...
Frog's Recons Zip
Also, rather than post the print outs of each titan, I'll just give a brief description of each one... the full print outs will be uploaded instead....
Frog's Recons Factory Pinboard Print outs
Recons:
Bastard.
AP index of 6.88, 2 SRM 4's, 2 PX. basically designed to be an Unguided Missile alternative for the swift death... Not as efficient, though.
Cresilda.
AP index of 7.10... 2 PX, 1 GME, 1 SL. I forgot why I like this design, but it's one of the few multi weapon recons that didn't get trampled on during campaign battles...
Harlot.
AP index of 7.04 2 VC's. Designed as a Vibra Claw alternative to the Duellist... The only battle testing I did with this titan is to defeat a Duellist in 3 different battles... i added an ECM and a larger engine to run it with with the weight freed up from the Chainsaws...
Malignant.
AP = 7.38. 2 ML, 2 MG. Design Idea was stolen from the Guru and Badger... it seems effective when teamed with the two mentioned stock recons (i have 3 jocks on recons who are good at both cannons and energy weapons)... It makes the first shots at the incoming enemy titan, Badger makes it fall down, guru blows a big hole then Malignant tries to make called shots to what the tesla hit... the MG's seemed to come as standard weapons...
Marshall.
AP = 7.03. 2 GME, 2 MG... for the pilot of will o' wisp who wanted to try his luck at short range...
then there's two junk titans that I made for fun... I'm wondering if anyone did stuff like this...
Sub-Standard.
weighs only 30 tons... carries 1 SRM4, 1 MG, and 1 PX... I made the AI control 8 of these against a random AI team of the same rank... the 30 tons won ...
Unarmed Titan.
with a total AP of 400 (258 external, 142 internal)... this titan carries no armaments... I tend to change the free weight around to house either an ecm with an engine big enough to run it, or scanner and a bc... it never won during the battle testing, but the enemy titans got red locations all over... I check titan status after the battle.
...
Anyway, I haven't had enough time to battle test all of my designs but here are a few designs that I'm quite happy with... I uploaded them to my website due to the inability to attach zip files to the forum...
Frog's Recons Zip
Also, rather than post the print outs of each titan, I'll just give a brief description of each one... the full print outs will be uploaded instead....
Frog's Recons Factory Pinboard Print outs
Recons:
Bastard.
AP index of 6.88, 2 SRM 4's, 2 PX. basically designed to be an Unguided Missile alternative for the swift death... Not as efficient, though.
Cresilda.
AP index of 7.10... 2 PX, 1 GME, 1 SL. I forgot why I like this design, but it's one of the few multi weapon recons that didn't get trampled on during campaign battles...
Harlot.
AP index of 7.04 2 VC's. Designed as a Vibra Claw alternative to the Duellist... The only battle testing I did with this titan is to defeat a Duellist in 3 different battles... i added an ECM and a larger engine to run it with with the weight freed up from the Chainsaws...
Malignant.
AP = 7.38. 2 ML, 2 MG. Design Idea was stolen from the Guru and Badger... it seems effective when teamed with the two mentioned stock recons (i have 3 jocks on recons who are good at both cannons and energy weapons)... It makes the first shots at the incoming enemy titan, Badger makes it fall down, guru blows a big hole then Malignant tries to make called shots to what the tesla hit... the MG's seemed to come as standard weapons...
Marshall.
AP = 7.03. 2 GME, 2 MG... for the pilot of will o' wisp who wanted to try his luck at short range...
then there's two junk titans that I made for fun... I'm wondering if anyone did stuff like this...
Sub-Standard.
weighs only 30 tons... carries 1 SRM4, 1 MG, and 1 PX... I made the AI control 8 of these against a random AI team of the same rank... the 30 tons won ...
Unarmed Titan.
with a total AP of 400 (258 external, 142 internal)... this titan carries no armaments... I tend to change the free weight around to house either an ecm with an engine big enough to run it, or scanner and a bc... it never won during the battle testing, but the enemy titans got red locations all over... I check titan status after the battle.
...