Page 1 of 1
Breakdowns\Malfunctions.
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:25 pm
by Deftninja666
I searched a little bit but could not find any lists or such on commonly malfunctioning or break down prone equipment. In fact I'm not even sure if there is certain equipment that is more apt to screw up. In anycase this is what I've noticed...
Matilda's tend to break down in rough terrain...
GE APC's have a very high breakdown rate when they move full speed or close to it.
Panzer IIIl's have been havin some issues with terrain.
MG42's mounted on vehicles when fired continously.
STUG main cannons. Stug's have been having their AA MG 42's break down left and right on me. ugh...
I can't think of anything else right now, and I've obviously got most experience with the GE breakdowns...first campaign Stalingrad. Any input appreciated.
Deft.
~PS: I think I am ready to be hazed via a PBEM match, as I am still a virgin to that. Anyone want a small\medium game, gimmi a PM or IM me: Fishsauce66
RE: Breakdowns\Malfunctions.
Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:32 pm
by Warrior2
As far as I've ever been able to determine, breakdowns are a random factor. It's just the breaks of the game. [:D] (I've played some scenarios where nearly everything I needed to win would break down, but when I played it again nothing broke down.)
RE: Breakdowns\Malfunctions.
Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:46 pm
by Belisarius
For one thing, trucks should me more susceptible to breakdowns than halftracks when moving in terrain. They certainly are not. My HT's break down all the time, but I can have my trucks careening at top speed in the open. Never had a truck immobilized.
So if I absolutely, positively must get my troops fast forward, I pick a motorized unit before a mechanized one. Saves on points, too.
RE: Breakdowns\Malfunctions.
Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:31 pm
by Voriax
This is true, imho. An immobilized truck is a rare thing while immobilized halftrack is not.
Voriax
RE: Breakdowns\Malfunctions.
Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:31 pm
by mine_field
Is there any factors that go into getting a vehicle out of stuck status?
I have left engineers in the hex with no apparent effect. I have also had my M4A1 dozer get stuck two maps in a row, so I guess it doesn't have any special equipment to help it out either.
I have noticed that tracked vehicles do seem to get stuck more than trucks.
I think initially getting stuck is random. It probably only takes into account the class of vehicle (foot, track, etc.).
For weapon breakdowns, I have no idea. Probably just a % roll every time fired.
Remeber that in situations that are 100% luck, humans will still find patterns and give reasons.
RE: Breakdowns\Malfunctions.
Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:41 pm
by VikingNo2
Getting repaired is random.
RE: Breakdowns\Malfunctions.
Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:30 am
by stevemk1a
I think the unit has to be unsuppressed for a repair to occur though, and the "toolbox" can't be damaged ...
RE: Breakdowns\Malfunctions.
Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:15 pm
by mine_field
From manual (v5.0)
Breakdowns
Vehicles may break down when trying to ford shallow water, move through mud or swamp hexes or crash through buildings. The can also break down if they spend a lot of time moving around at greater than half speed or in difficult terrain. If they do break down, they can occasionally be repaired. Using all your shots in a turn, or shooting to many “special opfire” shots can lead to weapons breakdowns. These can be repaired as well
RE: Breakdowns\Malfunctions.
Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:22 pm
by stevemk1a
Although it seems to imply in the manual that weapons breakdowns can be repaired, I don't think I've ever seen it happen [:(]
RE: Breakdowns\Malfunctions.
Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:24 pm
by mine_field
I think you are right. I usually pull that unit out and even put it in the retreat hex at occasions. Once that main gun is gone, I usually don't give him any hope. I think I have seen artillery get its tube back though.
RE: Breakdowns\Malfunctions.
Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:29 pm
by VikingNo2
Its very rare to get a weapon back, ( I have never gotten one back )