Page 1 of 1

TOS is not THAt easy

Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:14 pm
by LarkinVB
I just lost my hero. She had survived exactly 100 battles and was at 95+ in energy, cannon and missiles. We (my friend and I are playing cooperative hotseat) did field 4 heros (better than that as they played at leat 10+ battles in hero state) driving assaults + a backup of 2 heavies and 2 lights. We played agains 2 ranks lower (we had elite as average rank) at +50% weight advantage for the AI (split squad). What did happen ? Simple as this, a Gunslinger did show up at 2 hexes and blasted her head with 2 AC20 head shots ! Afterwards I lost my veteran long range jock with a nice 100% eject fumble !

Usually we use our saved squad to restore bad situations but this was too good to be true.

Sorry Sleeping Dragon. We can't test your new campaign as we die in process of getting our squad to a rank that suits the required rank :-(

RE: TOS is not THAt easy

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:20 am
by Sleeping_Dragon
DOH! sounds like a bad string of luck is going around. I just had to retrieve my squad from a good ol' fashion butt-kicking... 3 Napalm-based titans on a core map with EMP continually hitting your heat regs is just plain rude[;)]

Sorry you'll not be able to playtest my campaign anytime in the near future, sounds like your going to have some squad rebuilding to do.

RE: TOS is not THAt easy

Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:53 pm
by Gukal
Its never easy to lose a top jock - [:(] - but the risk is something that keeps me coming back. I like the suspense. Although after losing my very top leader jock a while back, I now often use my Rookies as screens to draw the first tesla bolts and AC20s as my Aces close in.

RE: TOS is not THAt easy

Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:20 am
by Sleeping_Dragon
ORIGINAL: Gukal
I now often use my Rookies as screens to draw the first tesla bolts and AC20s


Isn't that what Rookies are for???