Page 1 of 1

Online problems with 8.1.

Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:48 am
by Mave
I've has more bugs/conn. difficulties with 8.1 than I had with 7.1... to the point of almost unplayable.

Often the two players get slightly different maps -> all sorts of weird things, shooter sees the target in his map, but not in the other etc. .

Airplane attacks don't apear to be syncronised in anyway... on one computer Mustang destroyed a ISU-112s and on the other it was downed almost immediately, similar results on every plane.

Similar difficulties with land units... different results on different computers.

A VERY unstable connection. My usual opponent uses a wlan connection. It's not that reliable connection, but no other games have difficulties. SP drops him 2-3 times a match... I can save the game and it can be continued, but if it happens on his turn -> AI takes over (without warning, a save option here?) -> not a pretty result for him.

I didn't play 7.1 online that extensively, but I had nowhere near as much trouble with that version... something to fix for 8.2? Or is it just an oob patch?

Any good tips are welcome....