SPWAW8 problem
Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:33 am
COMPUTER: Celeron 1.8, FICA MB, SIS chip, 256 Ram, GE Force Ultra 64mb, Win98SE, Avance
AC97 audio-onboard
Problem: SPWAW8 installs ok but gives page fault error when starting, followed by error that
states: operation cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. . .
I have tried Quick start and Mech.exe but same error appears. I suspected a registry problem,
so I tried installing the game and then installing a reg back-up made before the game was
installed. This allowed me to get in the game and play, but when I quit the game and later
tried to open it the same error returned. Any ideas?
By the way, I have SPWW2 installed and it works fine-I also tried SPWAW7, which I have running
just fine on a much older machine, and I got the same error. What am I missing here?
AC97 audio-onboard
Problem: SPWAW8 installs ok but gives page fault error when starting, followed by error that
states: operation cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. . .
I have tried Quick start and Mech.exe but same error appears. I suspected a registry problem,
so I tried installing the game and then installing a reg back-up made before the game was
installed. This allowed me to get in the game and play, but when I quit the game and later
tried to open it the same error returned. Any ideas?
By the way, I have SPWW2 installed and it works fine-I also tried SPWAW7, which I have running
just fine on a much older machine, and I got the same error. What am I missing here?