Page 1 of 1
TACTICAL TRAINING CENTER
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2001 4:29 pm
by Christophe Jaureguiberry
Gentlemen,
You outdid yourselves this time. I spent my whole sunday playing the 8 tutorials. Like in tennis, when you teach yourself the game, you acquire a lot of bad habits in the process. Thanks to your scenarios, I was able to identify them and (hopefully) minimise them.
One question: the artillery tutorial mentions an artillery 2 scenario. Is it forthcoming or was it integrated in the other tutorials?
Thanks again for your great efforts. A special mention goes to the Acrobat tutorial manuals: very pro.
Regards,
Christophe
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2001 7:49 pm
by Bonzo
I thank you for your comments. Don will be the best guy to answer your question about forthcoming tutorials.
The acrobat manuals was just a simple conversion that I did. the tutorial designers wrote the manuals you see, pictures and all, & I spent 2 minutes turning them into PDF files, so mine was the least of the process, just making it easy for everybody to read thenm, graphics and all. Other designers might do their manuals in HTML & no PDF would be needed, as we all can read that with our browsers.
So, I thank you, on the designers' behalf, for the compliments about the manuals.
------------------
Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator
28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters
Main http://nwbattalion.tripod.com
E-mail nwbattalion@icqmail.com
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2001 10:03 pm
by Panzer Capta
Really fine job on the tutorials, and many thanks.
I just have one question (perhaps i am overlooking something)....the two different "Tiger" scenerios (#7 and #8) appear to be identical. Did anyone else notice the same thing??
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2001 12:33 am
by AJVa
Panzer Captain,
The TXT and PDF files are identical (descriptions of both tutorials ,#7 and#8, in all of them (4)), but the scenario files are quite different

.
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2001 12:33 am
by Bonzo
OOPS!
The Scenario numbers are different, but the text / PDFs are the same (Tutorial 7). Don, If you send the text & MS Word Doc to me, I'll correct this & reupload it. I'll also get the individual page for tutorial #8 up so that folks who have already downloaded the 8 pack will just need the # 8 package to fix them up.
Sorry about that, but, as my previous post said, I just converted them & didn't look too close except to make sure it worked & looked OK. I probably screwed up & renamed the #7 as #8.
------------------
Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator
28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters
Main http://nwbattalion.tripod.com
E-mail nwbattalion@icqmail.com
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2001 1:32 am
by Don
Thank you guys for all the great comments about the tutorials - it makes it all worth it!
The PDF documents were all Bonzo's idea - and a great one it was!
For the Tiger tutorials Fabio only wrote one document that covers both lessons - I thought it was a good idea since you only have to print it out once. If the scenario files are different, but the text files are the same then they are fine!
Yes, there is another artillery tutorial coming - let's just say it's a liitle late. I'll get it posted as soon as I can.
------------------
Don "Sapper" Llewellyn, Coordinator
SPWAW Tactical Training Center
http://nwbattalion.tripod.com/spwawttc/ttcmain.html
EMAIL:
egcwman@mindspring.com
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2001 5:40 am
by panda124c
Great Job Guys.
I would like to suggest another tutorial on, what the Germans called A Pak Front or The Care and Feeding of Anti-Tank Guns.
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2001 10:24 am
by Bonzo
Sounds Like you are volunteering, pbear. The Commandant will be pleased.
Or isn't that what you meant? Don's always looking for fresh vict... I mean "Instructors" to whip the recruits into shape.
------------------
Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator
28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters
Main http://nwbattalion.tripod.com
E-mail nwbattalion@icqmail.com
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2001 12:55 pm
by B52g
They are very good. I have been playing this game since Steel panthers 1, but I am always looking for an edge. Your tutorials showed me some bad habits I have developed over the years.
I would like to suggest for a future tutorial the proper use of mortors and smoke. "Whats a 60mm mortor good for?" I dont play a whole lot of on-line games, but I play enough to notice that a lot of people dont know how to get out of trouble. Or that they dont use smoke screens to cover something to stop it from being destroyed.

Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2001 1:20 pm
by Bonzo
There are a great many topics that can be turned into tutorials. If you have an idea & the incination to help your fellow gamer, talk with Don Llewellyn.
Just a note to say that the individual files for the first 8 Tutorials are now available for download, plus a new one - #9, "Cave Busting" by Bob Wallace.
------------------
Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator
28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters
Main http://nwbattalion.tripod.com
E-mail nwbattalion@icqmail.com
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2001 5:40 pm
by panda124c
Bonzo, I know better than to volunteer. Actually I would like to learn how to properly use ATGs so I can get rid of those pesky cats the Germans are so fond of.
[This message has been edited by pbear (edited February 27, 2001).]
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2001 9:59 pm
by Don
Thanks for the ideas, guys. The problem right now is that everyone is SO busy on "other things" that is hard to find tutorial designers, and I sure don't know enough about these subjects to do them myself.

But, tutorials will be added as time goes on and hopefully all of these subjects will be covered.
In the meantime, grab yourself the
"Cave-Busting" tutorial by Bob Wallace and take on some Japanese. But be warned - this is an advanced tutorial and you can get turned into swiss cheese!
------------------
Don "Sapper" Llewellyn, Coordinator
SPWAW Tactical Training Center
http://nwbattalion.tripod.com/spwawttc/ttcmain.html
EMAIL:
egcwman@mindspring.com