Page 1 of 1

Action Stations

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:42 pm
by Lawyerboy
Group: Having no luck with this query in another section of this forum and now becoming desperate I will try here: Is anyone besides myself familiar with the surface warfare simulation called Action Stations? I think it first hit the shelves in about 1989. If your out there somewhere I have some questions.

DK

RE: Action Stations

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:49 pm
by Admiral DadMan
Do a search or "warez" gaming sites and you'll find a copy to play.

RE: Action Stations

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:13 pm
by Ol_Dog
I have got it in a box some place

RE: Action Stations

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:32 pm
by mbatch729
It is available for download on The Underdogs site. http://www.the-underdogs.org/

RE: Action Stations

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:04 pm
by ruger1997
I have a copy of it somewhere in a box......what is the question?

RE: Action Stations

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:46 pm
by pad152
Action Stations -Good game, I was always suprised they never made a remake of that one.

RE: Action Stations

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:41 pm
by Grouchy
Yeah, I remember playing Action Stations! playing to death.
PQ-17, Sunda Strait, Savo island or simply duking it out with Montana class BB's vs H-44 BB's.

Darn good gameplay, brilliant sim and manual, driven by an interface from hell.
And then the copy protection: type the 18th word of the 4nd paragraph on page 87 [&:]

RE: Action Stations

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:15 pm
by Speedysteve
How do you get past the security page? It asks for so and so on page..... I have looked at the manual online but it has no page numbers so how am I to determine which page is which?

Regards,

Steven

RE: Action Stations

Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:36 pm
by mbatch729
On the Underdog site, there should be a document in the downloads that tells you the password for page, paragraph, etc.

RE: Action Stations

Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:45 pm
by Lawyerboy
Well, to get to the point I am still playing the thing to death and have gotten ahold of a bunch of utilities that the authors made for it. I am trying to find out if an editor was ever made to add/modify the ship classes that came with it ? Could one be put together??
I wouldnt bother except for the fact that graphics and the god awful interface aside the program accounted for things that no tactical WWII naval game has even though its 15 years old ie spotter ac, coast defenses, director control etc.
Oh yeah....Ive got the security code. It came from the Underdog site
DK
ORIGINAL: Speedy

How do you get past the security page? It asks for so and so on page..... I have looked at the manual online but it has no page numbers so how am I to determine which page is which?

Regards,

Steven

RE: Action Stations

Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:02 pm
by ruger1997
I believe there was a small editor included with the game but am unsure about it since it has been so long since I have played. If I ever find the game in my boxes of stuff i will pul it out and see.