Page 1 of 1

More Features Being Added SPWaW v5.0

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2001 2:49 am
by David Heath
Hi Guys

We have updated the features section on our SPWaW site (http://www.matrixgames.com/games/sp-wor ... atures.asp)

We have fixed some of the long term bugs. Give it a look over and let us know what you think.

David

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2001 4:08 am
by Alby
Great, just great! I mean what can we say...over 90 new features!!!
it is just amazing!
Things I noticed:
The new Alt J feature will likely be a fine addition, sure glad the air entry for online was looked into, also the non paratroop supression, these last two were items which i remeber specifically asking about, and lo and behold!!
....See all you fellow warriors, ask and you shall recieve!!
Thanks Matrix!

Was wondering what the below refers to?
84) Fixed mid-move op-fire not happening in online play.

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2001 5:13 am
by Alby
up up and away!!

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2001 5:48 am
by Anthony_MatrixForum
Yep,

No more 90mm guns bouncing off halftracks, 5 times in a row, from 50 m away ;)

Ready & waiting..... :D

Anthony

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2001 5:53 am
by Nikademus
G-G-G-G-G-Gota get my v-version 5.0 f-f-fix


s-soon!!!!!! :eek: :p :eek: :p

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2001 7:51 am
by rfox
Yes!

Finally, no more Polish blitzkrieg circa 1939! This fix alone will improve the game leagues for me. I will finally look forward to completing a long campaign.

The improvements to the tank penetration model, the addition of tank panic, and the additions to the AI are wonderful. Can't wait!

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2001 4:32 am
by Alby
Originally posted by Nikademus:
G-G-G-G-G-Gota get my v-version 5.0 f-f-fix


s-soon!!!!!! :eek: :p :eek: :p
ma ma ma ma ma meeee tttttttttoooooo!!!
:D

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2001 5:39 am
by Pack Rat
Sounds like I'm not alone, haunting the forum waiting for the release.

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2001 5:43 am
by Alby
You know it!!!

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2001 6:42 am
by BruceAZ_MatrixForum
Originally posted by David Heath:
Hi Guys

We have updated the features section on our SPWaW site (http://www.matrixgames.com/games/sp-wor ... atures.asp)

We have fixed some of the long term bugs. Give it a look over and let us know what you think.

David
I showed all the fixes and upgrades to me wife and I proudly announced how we are really "advancing" and all the guys (and girls) at Matrix are the best in the world!! :D However, she feels very strongly that you guys have no family life because of all the time you guys spend on improving SPWAW on your own time! (I spent 7 hours on one of WB's campaigns non-stop (Draw!) and not heard the end of that! For those that are hooked on SPWAW, thank you. I really mean that, thank you.

However, my wife is probally not your or Wild Bills biggest fan. Well, 2 out of 3 ain't so bad, is it? :rolleyes:

I am hoping you will develop a forum so SPWAW-mega fans can trade-in significant others for those that think, eat and breath SPWAW like we do!

Bruce
Semper Fi

Bruce
Semper Fi

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2001 4:15 am
by sami heimola
Hmm... If I checked that feature list right, there was not one thing: Could it be possible to get pre-done maps loaded into Campaign Generator? Maybe it's impossible to do but I'm just asking ;)... I think that it could be cool feature which can make gaming even funnier :D...

Sami

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2001 4:32 am
by Grumble
QUOTE] I spent 7 hours on one of WB's campaigns non-stop (Draw!) and not heard the end of that![ [/QUOTE]
..nor will you, ever. YEARS from now, you'll be talking to your grandkids, a "discussion" will ensure and somehow this'll come up...

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2001 11:25 pm
by waynef
cant wait till the end of March...gotta get this version :p

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2001 11:39 pm
by Charles2222
I believe it was tuesday that Paul said something about a day or two. At the time I thought he meant that V.5 would be ready by then, but I don't recall for sure what he was talking about, but what else could it be? I hope Paul was correct, as it's three days now, and I'm hoping to get it fired up this weekend. I have to wonder though, because it is considerably earlier than some of the other predictions we've heard (and then there is the issue of their working further on the overrun function, which they reportedly have had a problem with to some degree).

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2001 11:43 pm
by Kharan
The end of March thing came from a thread where someone leaving for service at the end of the month asked if he'd have it by then.

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2001 11:46 pm
by David Heath
Hi Guys

I sure I got the skinny on this. It will not be ready before the weekend. We are looking at sometime next week we hope. Almost everything is in place this is going to be some powerful game once it released.

David

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2001 1:33 am
by Charles2222
Thanks David, it makes the coming days a lot easier to plan when you know not to expect it.

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2001 2:18 am
by Paul Vebber
I said we hope to ANNOUNCE when the release date was "in a day or two" we had a couple hiccups and are almost there...but we don;t want to announce a datae until we are sure it won't change.

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2001 3:07 am
by Latka
Thanks again for all your (and the team's) hard work on SPWaW!

(drooling...and waiting...)

-Andy