Page 1 of 1
Buying need colour printer help
Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:30 pm
by wodin
Can someone recommend a good colour printer for around £60.
Thanks
RE: Buying need colour printer help
Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:49 pm
by Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Well considering I haven't the foggiest clue what 60 pounds is worth.
I will settle for stating, that with a friend that actually deals with customer service issues for printers/scanners with me, I was happy to pick up a 1210 model All in Wonder from HP.
Chances are though, that the 1310 is the current model you might end up scoping out.
Now I won't gush on about the thing, as that is beyond my capacity. He said I would like it, it was a good price, so I bought one.
It was 150 with a good 50 dollar rebate at the time.
As it goes, I suggest getting a combo rather than just a printer.
Oh and keep in mind, the printer is just a weird package for the cartridge. So buy based on how much you are willing to spend on a refill cartridge. Because that is the part that actually counts.
RE: Buying need colour printer help
Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:00 am
by VictorH
I have an HP 2210 All in One (Fax, Print, Copy and Scan) Color that is really nice. I don't recall paying much more than around $150 US for it. Where they get you is the cost of the Ink Cartridges. $25 - $35 depending on whether it is Balck and White or Color.
RE: Buying need colour printer help
Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:44 am
by Marc von Martial
Where they get you is the cost of the Ink Cartridges. $25 - $35 depending on whether it is Balck and White or Color.
Buy refill kits, not complete cartridges ! Well unless you´re very rich [;)]
A refill kit is around the same price as a normal cartridge, but that includes all colors and black. An you can refill around 10 times for the same prices as
one cartridge.
RE: Buying need colour printer help
Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:49 pm
by Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Buying refill kits is not an exact science though. I have had mixed results.
The best results I have had, deal with having access to a friend that knows the "key phrases" to tell "customer service".
Ok I KNOW you know what I just said hehe
What can I say, HE is the guy you would speak with normally, when you call "customer service". Of course he knows what to say.
Still in the end, I bought one refill kit at half price, and wasn't fully satisfied. I bought one and it didn't do the job. I also tried buying a cheapo clone sort of cartridge and it sucked.
The only real truth, is don't print out stuff you don't need. And if you need to print out a manual, let a professional service do it.
RE: Buying need colour printer help
Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:00 pm
by Marc von Martial
Still in the end, I bought one refill kit at half price, and wasn't fully satisfied. I bought one and it didn't do the job. I also tried buying a cheapo clone sort of cartridge and it sucked.
Of course you can´t just buy "some" refill kit [8|] , you have to buy a refill kit that uses inks that are compatible with you printer. For most of the part that´s only a matter of the ink the kit uses. If you buy the proper inks then you can even have better results then with the orignal inks.
RE: Buying need colour printer help
Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:37 pm
by Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Oh they were the correct inks.
But it was still an "undesirable" experience.
For those that have never done it, make aaaaaaaabsolutely sure you have a good spot to do this potentially messier n hell task.