Page 1 of 1

Will most scens be fixed for ver 5.0?????

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2001 1:15 pm
by Skotty
I know you folks are very busy, but I hope WB and the like have had time to make most of the original scens issued with the DL'd game be made compatable with ver 5.0.

I have come across 2 examples of funky units. First, in "Steel Shield", the big scen on the western front, the sig38 Grilles show up as tank crews, which was a nasty surprise for my 76mm AT crew when they got whacked by it. Second, in "Buffalo Soldiers", the inf engineer squad shows up as fast response arty in the the place where you order the unit to clear/place/ignore mines.

Lastly, in "No Easy Place", the reinforcement units fired AA on the prebombardment russkie airstrikes. I had this occur a looooong time ago in the scen "The French Move" against french prebomb airstrikes.

Thanks,
Skotty

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2001 2:14 pm
by Don
Yes! I believe they've all been gone through, and should work fine in 5.0.

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2001 1:09 am
by Supervisor
:) WB said he was updating more than 170 scenarios in SPWAW 5, but just in case there's one The Master might of missed, here is a link to a thread on how to update them yourself by one of our cagey veterans Warhorse. http://www.matrixgames.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=004244 :cool:

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2001 2:21 am
by Skotty
Oh well, thanks for the quick replies, but the Warhorse suggested work around didn't work for me.
In Steel Shield scen, loading it in the editor then saving it immediately, didn't fix the problem with the sig38t Grille. And when I attempt to change the unit in the editor, after I select the unit in the buy screen to replace it and return to the deploy map, poof!, the units are I changed are gone.
Also, when I delete the problem fomation in the buy screen and purchase new sig38t, they don't show up on the map and come as player 1 units in the formation menu screen.
I might be doing something wrong that I am not aware of, but I dont' think so. I guess I will wait a bit till ver 5.0 is released to see if this works.
And the reinforcements firing at prebomb airstrikes looks like a bug more than OOB ver compatability

Thanks,
Skotty

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2001 4:06 am
by Wild Bill
I'm working on it Skotty. I hope I get 'em all. If not, let me know when you get it..WB

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2001 1:21 am
by Skotty
I know you are bustin butt WB, and we all appreciate it!