Page 1 of 1

Reinforcements firing AA at prebombardment aircraft

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2001 1:29 am
by Skotty
I have inquired about this "quirk" a couple of times but would like to know if it has been addressed.

In scens that have reinforcements and prebombardment airstikes, the not yet arrived reinforcements fire AA weapons at them. I have seen this happen in the "French Move" scen and a couple of others.

Has anyone else seen this happen, and if so, will it be fixed in ver 5.0?

Thanks,

Skotty

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2001 8:16 am
by Alby
Yep I have seen it.
I usually place reinforcements at northern top corner or southern bottom corner to avoid this

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2001 8:45 am
by MindSpy
Originally posted by Skotty:
I have inquired about this "quirk" a couple of times but would like to know if it has been addressed.

In scens that have reinforcements and prebombardment airstikes, the not yet arrived reinforcements fire AA weapons at them. I have seen this happen in the "French Move" scen and a couple of others.

Has anyone else seen this happen, and if so, will it be fixed in ver 5.0?

Thanks,

Skotty
MINDSPY

Whether or not any formation engages in fire
return or oppurtunity fire can be controlled by using the Reaction Turn values.

MINDSPY

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2001 9:03 am
by Alby
I set the reaction turn to the same as map entry turn and they still fired at aircraft heheh

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2001 9:07 am
by Pack Rat
That's because they're just so eager for the battle. Be proud of em ;)